College Savings Plans (529 and TAP) are tax-advantaged savings plans that help families save for higher education so they can be less reliant on student loans. All 50 states offer college savings plans for families to save for their child's college education.

Plans may vary by state, and each financial service has separate rules and regulations that govern how the funds may be used. 

IUP does not submit fund requests from College Savings Plans. Please submit the student's billing statement found on MyIUP/EasyPay to your plan administrator instructing how/when to release the funds. Please include the student's Banner ID number on the payment request. Payment will be made directly to IUP. Deduct the amount requested from the 529/TAP plan from your balance and pay the remaining amount by the due date.