Frequently Asked Questions about the Office of Student Billing

Student Employment

Student workers are hired each semester in our office. Duties include assisting staff, answering phones, handling the front counter, scanning bank deposits, and miscellaneous other duties. If interested, please apply on the Hire a Hawk site.

If your question is not answered here, please email us at for more information.

I have a question, but I am not sure which office to contact.

The Office of Student Billing receives grant, loan, and scholarship funds, applies these funds to student accounts, and issues student refunds for overpayment from financial aid. The office may be contacted at or by phone at 724-357-2207.

The Office of Student Billing also generates all student bills and processes any adjustments to the charges on the student account. It processes payments made on student accounts. Again, the office may be contacted at or 724-357-2207.

The Financial Aid Office can provide information regarding the application for federal and state grants, student loans, and parent plus loans, as well as work study programs. The office may be contacted at or by phone at 724-357-2218.

How do I change my billing address?

Address information may be updated online. Please see our how-to instructions.

I would like to make my payment in person. Exactly where are you located?

The Student Billing Office is on the first floor of Clark Hall. You may also place payments in the outside depository.

How do I sign up for direct deposit refunds?

To sign up for direct deposit refunds, log in to your MyIUP account and click on the Finances tab, then click on Registration for Direct Deposit of Financial Aid refunds>Accounts Payable Deposit. Direct deposits will remain active while you are enrolled at IUP until you inactivate/change your information.

How can I access my 1098T Form?

You may access any 1098T tax form processed in 2011 and prior from your URSA account. Any forms processed in the 2012 tax year or later can be found at ECSI Tax Information. If you are trying to give your consent to receive the electronic version of the 1098T form, please go to ECSI 1098T Electronic Consent.

ECSI is responsible for the processing, presentment, issuance, and submission of the 1098T forms starting with the 2012 tax year. They are able to answer questions regarding:

  1. Whether a 1098T form was generated
  2. Where the form may have been mailed to
  3. Accessing the forms electronically on the ECSI Student/Borrower website
  4. General questions regarding the 1098T form itself

ESCI's customer service number for 1098T-related questions is 1-866-428-1098.

I will not be returning to IUP, what do I need to do?

Students should carefully consider the impact of leaving IUP before completing the cancellation process.  Please read the Refund Policy.


How do I get a landlord letter?

Visit MyIUP > Finances > Financial Aid Refunds > Landlord Letter to estimate financial aid refunds.

Can I charge my books at the Co-op Bookstore?

Students can charge their books at the Co-op bookstore if they have enough financial aid to cover the cost of their books.

What is the "Financial Terms and Conditions" document I must sign?

This document states that you understand and accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees, and other associated costs.

Please see the full Financial Terms and Conditions document.

Why can't I receive an unofficial transcript even if I have a balance?

Transcripts will not be released to a student if there is a balance owed. This is outlined in the Financial Terms and Conditions document that is signed:

"I understand and agree that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and owing to IUP by the scheduled due date, IUP will place a financial hold on my student account, preventing me from registering for future classes or on-campus housing, requesting transcripts, or receiving my diploma."

Find Information about These Specific Topics

Tuition and Fees

Questions and answers about fees for late registration, activities, health services, and more

Loans and Scholarships

Questions and answers about loans, scholarships, and more

IUP EasyPay

Questions and answers about electronic billing and online payments

Billing and Payments

Questions and answers about billing procedures and notification

Adjustments and Refunds

More about the refund policy