Can I register for classes/receive a transcript if I have a balance that is at the Attorney General's Office or Williams & Fudge Collection Agency?

If you have a past due balance that has been sent to the Attorney General's Office/Williams & Fudge Collection Agency, you are not able to register or receive your transcripts until the entire balance is paid in full.

When will I receive my semester billing statement?

You will receive an email at your IUP email address when your bill is available for review. You must view your bill online.

In the MyIUP portal:

  1. Log in to MyIUP. Go to Discover and search for "easypay."
  2. On the Tuition, Aid, and Finances card, click on Pay My Bill (EasyPay)
  3. Click the IUP-EasyPay button.

Bills are issued electronically on the 25th of each month, with payment due on the 20th of the following month. You can expect the fall semester bill online in July—the winter and the spring semester bills will be available in November, and the summer semester bill in April.

Can I pay by credit card?

Yes. IUP accepts MasterCard, Discover, and Visa. In order to pay by credit card, you must access IUP EasyPay through MyIUP.  Authorized users can also view and pay bills through IUP EasyPay There is a 2.95 percent convenience fee for processing credit card payments.

Is there a returned check policy?

Yes, senders of checks that are not acceptable to the bank for any reason will be charged the bad check fee of $34.00.  A financial hold will be placed on the student's records, and the schedule will be subject to cancellation if the check is not cleared.

What if I have a sponsor (third party) who is paying my bill?

When you have a sponsor who is paying all or part of your semester fees, you can have your sponsor billed directly by our office. You must bring or mail your statement on or before the billing due date and include an authorization letter/financial guarantee from the sponsor detailing the sponsorship and authorizing IUP to bill for your fees. You will be responsible for making payment for any remaining balance by the billing due date.

What type of waiver can I receive as a graduate assistant?

The Graduate Office will notify you of the monetary amount of your award that will be applied to your account. The waiver will be the lesser of the tuition charged or the maximum amount awarded. Students are responsible for all fees and any tuition/fees related to undergraduate courses.

How am I charged as a medical technology student?

Each student enrolled at IUP, but attending classes at designated clinical facilities, is charged an administrative fee.  You should pay tuition and room/board directly to the hospital or institution.

How am I charged if I study abroad or do a student exchange?

IUP students participating in foreign study abroad programs are charged the appropriate mandatory fees for the semester the study takes place, plus the full cost of program services furnished by IUP. Services include, but are not limited to, transportation, room and board, insurance, excursion, and overhead costs associated with the program.

IUP students participating in partnership (exchange) programs are charged a program fee equal to the mandatory fees and program costs for the semester the exchange takes place. Students participating in these programs should check with the director of the Office of International Affairs ( before departing to ensure all record processing is complete.

Can I change my schedule without financial penalty?

Yes, schedule changes without financial penalty are permitted during the drop/add period. To be considered a full-time student, you must be taking 12 to 18 credits (undergraduate) or nine to 15 credits (graduate). No reduction of charges will be made to full-time students who drop or withdraw from individual courses after the close date, and only a partial adjustment will be made for part-time students.

Note: Changes in enrollment status may affect eligibility and amount of your financial aid offer.

Students who have a preregistered schedule and do not plan to attend should cancel their schedule on MyIUP and send a signed note or email to Megan McCue (, University College, Undergraduate and Student Success, Stabley Library 202, Indiana, PA 15705.