For Military Personnel

Students who are in the military are encouraged to visit Clark Hall upon enrollment to find out more about opportunities available to them. Clark Hall houses the offices of Financial Aid and Student Billing, and these offices can help you get all the funds you are eligible for as a soldier.

Military students should complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form through the Financial Aid Office. Many students are eligible for funds through Pell  or Pennsylvania State grants that are not required to be paid back after graduation.

The Veterans Affairs Office can also provide information on applying for National Guard or Army Reserve funds. If you are a cadet of our Reserve Officers' Training Corps program, we will be notified if you are receiving a scholarship. For more information regarding ROTC, please refer to IUP's Army ROTC website.

Remember to stop by Clark Hall at your earliest convenience. Most military funding is delayed in getting to the Student Billing Office; however, if we are notified of activity on your account, we will make sure that you are not assessed a late fee and/or a hold on your account. Also, if your bill is covered by military funding, please be sure to confirm your attendance by logging in to your MyIUP account or contacting the Student Billing Office.

With new billing technology, all military funding will now be done through electronic fund transfer. That means that once we send an invoice to the National Guard, Reserves, Navy, etc., it could take six to eight weeks until IUP receives funding. Again, if you need directions on how to apply for any funding, please stop by the Veterans Affairs Office.

Find more information about Federal Tuition Assistance and Educational Assistance Programs for Pennsylvania National Guard members or about Federal Tuition Assistance for Army reservists.

You may also contact William Bracken, fiscal technician and military representative, for more information at