Who can attend summer sessions?

Undergraduate: High school students through senior citizens may attend Summer Sessions courses. Students who do not currently attend IUP must complete the Non-IUP Student application. Former IUP students should contact the Registrar's Office.

Graduate: To take graduate classes, you must apply to the Graduate School, but may be admitted under special initiatives, such as the Level II Permanent Certification Credits program or “one course only.”

What is the cost?

The best way to find out is to check our How Much Does it Cost page for the most up-to-date pricing.

Where are classes held?

Most classes are held online.  There are study-abroad opportunities, as well. Check MyIUP for course availability and location.

Can I qualify for financial aid?

Students must be accepted or enrolled in a degree-granting program at IUP in order to be considered to receive student aid for summer. Financial aid is not available to IUP students who will enroll at other institutions during the summer. Transient or visiting students are not eligible for financial assistance at IUP.

Students must be enrolled on at least a half-time basis for the summer and be making satisfactory academic progress. In addition to an IUP Summer Financial Aid Application, a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must be on file with IUP. If you are enrolled in the IUP Culinary Academy or the Municipal Police Officer's Training Academy, you must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

You may contact the Financial Aid Office in Clark Hall, 724-357-2218, for additional detailed information regarding financial aid for summer sessions. Or, visit our How Much Does it Cost page.

Is housing available on campus?

Yes, residence hall rooms and campus dining are available to Summer students. Visit the Office of Housing and Residence Life website for more information about on-campus housing.

Do I need to bring a car? Is parking available on campus?

On-campus resident students are encouraged not to bring a car to the university. Local bus transportation is adequate for most students to travel around the Indiana area. Your I-Card will serve as a bus pass for the Indigo bus system.

All eligible persons desiring to park a vehicle on the IUP campus must register for a parking permit. Parking regulations may be found on the Parking Services website. When parking between the hours of 2:00 and 6:00 a.m., be sure to check the signage at the lot entrance or street, as a few of the lots are restricted during these hours.

What computing facilities will be open during the Summer Sessions?

Two computer labs will be open for student use during Summer Sessions:

Library: Open during library hours
Eberly Lab: Open 9:00-5:00 M-F.

Technology assistance: Contact the IT Support Center.