Whether you are a student at another college or university looking to take classes and transfer the credits back to your institution, or you have a bachelor's degree, high school diploma, or GED and would like to take classes for personal or professional development, you can take undergraduate classes during the summer session at IUP. Students interested in graduate-level coursework should apply through Graduate Admissions.

How to Apply and Register

  • Choose the courses you would like to take. To confirm which session the course is offered, please click on the course title, and then click on Instructor/Meeting Times to determine if it is an Early, Summer I, or Summer II course.
  • If you attend a different university and plan to transfer a summer course back to your home school, you should first confirm with your school that the course will be accepted on transfer before you apply.
  • Complete a Non-IUP Student Application ($25 nonrefundable application fee required: payable online after applying).
  • Make sure you write down the password you created under Profile Information—you will need it for the future!

  • After entering your profile information, click the Apply Now button to complete your admissions profile—this information will auto-populate into your application. Make sure all the application fields are complete and click Submit. 

  • If you have already created an Admissions Profile, click the sign-in option at the top of the page to submit your application.

    Please note: if you are submitting multiple applications, you will need to create an Admissions Profile under step 1 for your first semester before you can submit the application. For the next semester, you will click the sign-in option on your account to submit the application.

  • Upload an unofficial copy of your college transcript to your Admissions Profile. 
  • We will process your application and register you for the course(s) you selected.
  • You will receive an email to the email address you used to create your account with information about accessing your MyIUP account, including your IUP email, D2L, billing, and more! Make sure you check your junk filter so you don't miss any important information from us.
  • Students will need to request an official transcript at the end of the summer session and have it sent to their home school. Fees apply.

Please contact us at visiting-student@iup.edu  if you have questions or need assistance finding a course.