Registration Schedule for Spring 2024

All time appointments begin at 8:00 a.m.

Registration Schedule for Spring 2024
Group Date

Veterans, Undergraduate

Monday, October 9

Veterans, Graduate

Monday, October 9

All Other Undergraduate Priority Groups

Tuesday, October 10

All Other Graduate Priority Groups

Tuesday, October 10

Graduate Students

Wednesday, October 11

Senior (90 or more credits)

Friday, October 13

Junior (60-89 credits)

Monday, October 16

Sophomore (30-59 credits)*

Wednesday, October 18

Freshman (0-29 credits) 

Wednesday, October 11


Registration Schedule for Winter 2024

All time appointments begin at 8:00 a.m.

Registration Schedule for Winter 2024
Event Date

All Continuing Undergraduate and Graduate Students

Opens Monday, October 9

*This registration process is for continuing IUP students only. Incoming freshmen and transfer students will register for classes as part of Orientation.

  • To define a student's registration class for the purpose of assigning a registration time appointment, previously-earned credits plus currently enrolled (in-progress) credits are added.
  • For example:
    • For registration purposes only, a student's registration class is calculated by adding their currently enrolled (in-progress) credits (e.g., 15 credits) and their previously earned credits (e.g., 16 credits) for a total number of 31 credits, making the student a sophomore for registration. 
    • Please note: For financial aid purposes, a student's class is based upon their earned credits only. In the example above, the student has 16 earned credits and is a freshman for financial aid purposes.


How to Register for Classes

For every semester you are at IUP, you need to register for classes one semester in advance. Here's a step-by-step guide to what you need to do.

Undergraduate students should plan on registering for 15 credits each fall and spring to graduate on time.

Step 1: Visit MyIUP

Sign in to MyIUP, where you'll want to do two things:

Check for Registration Hours

Look on your MyIUP home page to see if you have this message showing under “My Alerts”:

Records indicate that you may have a hold on your account that will prevent you from registering for class.

Holds on your account can stop you from registering on time and prevent you from getting the courses you need. Follow the directions on the hold to resolve it as soon as possible. If you're having trouble getting a hold cleared, the Academic Success Center's Office of the Student Advocate can get you pointed in the right direction.

Find Your Time Appointment and Put It In Your Calendar

Now head to the MyIUP Academics page, look for the Course Registration and Textbooks box, then click Registration toolbox. Within the toolbox, click Prepare for Registration.

All the registration time appointments for continuing students are also listed below. If you need them, we have detailed instructions on checking your registration status.

Step 2: Meet With Your Advisor

Contact your advisor and make an appointment to meet with them. At your meeting, discuss what courses you should enroll in next semester and get your alternate PIN.

Meeting with your advisor is vital! You need to make sure you're taking the correct courses, in the correct order, so you can complete your requirements for graduation on time. Don't wait until the last minute. The Academic Success Center has advice on meeting with your advisor.

Not sure who your advisor is? Your advisor's name and contact are on the MyIUP Academics page (look for the My Advisor section).

Step 3: Ready, Set, Register!

When your time appointment arrives, go to the MyIUP Academics page, find the Course Registration and Textbooks box, and get started. We have detailed instructions on how to register.

If there isn't room in a particular section, you might be able to add yourself to a waitlist. We have detailed instructions about waitlisting.

See the Office of Student Billing for more information about additional fees.

Registration FAQ

Where can I get my alternate PIN?

Your alternate PIN number for fall or spring registration is given to you by your academic advisor. If you have already registered for classes in a given term, you may view your alternate PIN on the Academics link after you sign in to MyIUP.

What is a Banner ID?

This is your permanent student identification number. This often appears with @ and its 8 digits appear above your picture on your I-Card.

How do I register for a class that is restricted or closed?

If you are trying to register for a course and you receive the message the course is “Restricted—you are not authorized to schedule this,” contact the academic department offering the course for a restriction override permit. If the academic department decides that you have met the prerequisites, the proper departmental personnel will notify you to register yourself for a particular course section. If you try to register for a course that is closed, you must follow the same procedure—report to the academic department offering the course to receive permission to register yourself for the closed course.

When can I adjust my schedule?

All students may make schedule adjustments from their initial time appointment until the end of the official drop/add period, using MyIUP. If any exceptional circumstances exist beyond the end of the drop/add period, undergraduate students must consult the dean of the college of the student's major. General requirements for the School of Graduate Studies and Research are set forth in the Graduate Catalog.

What if there is a time conflict on my schedule?

Undergraduates must complete a Time Conflict Resolution Form. This form is required if there are two classes conflicting in time. For example, one class begins at the same time another class ends. Forms can be secured from the Scheduling Center, located within the Office of the Registrar, third floor of Clark Hall, or from one of the departmental offices of the conflicting courses.

What do I do if I am still enrolled and begin to receive notices to pay back my student loans?

You can print your own enrollment verification. Go to the Registrar's Verification section for more details.