How to Change Your Major

  • Please see the Undergraduate Catalog to review the Change of Major policy. Go to the search bar located in the upper left of the page. Use the drop-down menu and select Entire Catalog and type Major Changes in the search field below. Then select the link to view the full policy. 

    Note: this form is for current students. Incoming freshmen should use this major change request form. 
  • How to Do It
    (Single Primary Majors)

    • Log in to MyIUP and select Academics 
    • In the Modify Academic Record portlet, select Change Primary Major

    How to Do It
    (Double or Dual Majors)

    • Complete a paper form and submit it to the department to begin the approval process


    • Submission of this form will begin the approval process—department chair or program coordinator, then on to the assistant or associate dean, then on to the Registrar’s Office.
    • Once the major has been changed by the Registrar’s Office, a new academic advisor will be assigned by the new academic department.
    • The student will then receive email confirmation that the process has been completed.