Giving someone (like a parent or guardian) permission to talk about your financial aid can be helpful, and it's easy to set it up on MyIUP.

To protect your information, we can't talk about your financial aid with anyone calling on your behalf unless you give them access through the Record Release Authorization on MyIUP.

If you want to give someone permission to talk about and view your financial aid records:

  • In the current MyIUP portal,
    1. Sign in to MyIUP and go to the Personal Info page.
    2. In the Student Information section, choose Record Release Authorization
  • In the new MyIUP portal:
    1. Log in to MyIUP. Go to Discover and search for "records."
    2. On the My Student Information, Data, and Accounts card, select Record Release Authorization.
  • Continue in either portal:
    1. List the person and check off the types of access you wish to give them (such as financial aid records)
    2. Let the person know the security keyword and phrase that you set up with that person's checked-off permissions
    3. To discuss your records, they will need to supply the security keyword and phrase along with your Banner ID number

This system is in place so IUP can comply with federal privacy regulations under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). This law affords students certain rights with respect to their education records. For more information on FERPA, please visit the Office of the Registrar.