By filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (the FAFSA), you can find out if you are eligible for several common types of financial aid including grants, student loans, and work-study jobs.

Federal Financial Aid

  • To apply, you must be a citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid Social Security number, be registered for the Selective Service if you are male and 18-25 years of age, and have a high school diploma.
  • You must also be enrolled in or accepted for an eligible degree or certificate program. (Many certificate programs do not qualify for federal aid. Check with the Financial Aid Office.)
  • You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits for undergraduate students or 4.5 credits for graduate students—with exceptions—per term).
  • While you are a college student, you must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (includes GPA requirements).
  • You can't be in default of any federal educational loan, in repayment on a Federal Pell Grant or a Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, and or have borrowed in excess of any loan limits.
  • You can't have been chosen for unusual enrollment history review.

Know What to Do to Stay Eligible for Your Aid

We understand how important financial aid is to our students and don't want anyone to lose their aid while in college. Make sure you know what to watch out for by checking out these pages: