Wiki for FAQs, Templates, Forms, and for Asking Questions

How to Apply for a Field (internship, externship, or clinical) Experience

Most field experiences are managed by an academic department. A field experience coordinator in your department will assist you with applying for the field experience. Sites must be approved prior to your departure, and site approval may take as long as 45 days. Please plan ahead.

Registration for the field experience course is required for you to receive credits. This is handled through the online registration system, MyIUP.

Certain departments may have additional requirements; check with your department for details.

Procedures For Departments

The following procedures were reviewed by the Council of Deans on February 3, 2011, and approved by the President's Cabinet on March 21, 2011.

Any unit (department, center, college, or other entity) within IUP that wishes to enter into an agreement with an entity outside of IUP must first submit the agreement to university officials for review and approval. Written agreements may be called by different names (e.g. Collaborative Understanding or Agreement, Memorandum of Understanding or Agreement), yet all are legally binding contracts. No written agreement may be executed on behalf of the universityor any subdivision of the universitywithout compliance with this procedure.