Register for Summer

  • Non-IUP Students
    Students from Other Colleges/ Universities

    You can take courses online or on campus as a visiting college student and transfer the credit back to your home institution.

    Learn how to register for Summer Sessions

    State System Visiting Students

    Students attending another Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education institution are able to transfer the credit and the grade back to their home institution.

    Learn how to register for Summer Sessions

    Current IUP Students

    Register for on-campus or online summer classes through MyIUP, the same way you do for spring and fall classes. You don’t need a different PIN.

    Register for Summer Sessions

  • Brooklynne Sharbaugh

    Take Classes on Your Own Time and Keep Working

    I took at least one online class every session, and the experience was fantastic. The best part was that I could take classes on my own time and still keep my jobs; I didn’t have to worry about my class schedule conflicting with my work schedule.

    Brooklynne Sharbaugh, December 2016 education graduate, now teaching in Blairsville, PA

  • High School Students

    You can take courses as a visiting high school student if you’re a rising junior or senior with at least a 3.0 overall GPA.

    Prerequisites for Graduate School

    Register for the undergraduate courses that are required for admission into your graduate school program.

    Graduate Courses, Non-Degree-Seeking

    You can take graduate courses without completing a full application to the School of Graduate Studies (if you have never taken graduate coursework at IUP).

    Teachers Seeking Credit or Certification in a Second Subject

    With guidance and approval from the College of Education, you can take undergraduate courses offered on campus or online.

    Level II Teacher Certification Credits

    Educators can apply through the graduate school for courses leading to Level II certification.

    Professional Advancement/Personal Interest

    If you already have a bachelor’s degree, high school diploma, or GED, you can take summer courses for credit online or on campus through the Office of Admissions.