Living on campus is a big advantage, but you may want to live around older students rather than with freshmen after your first year.

In the Upper Division Living-Learning Community, you can have it all—the convenience of campus life while living around students closer to your age. If you are over the age of 21 and want to consume alcohol responsibly within your residence, you are permitted, within limits, as a resident of this community.

What are the perks?

  • Live in a community of more mature students. Freshmen are not permitted to live in Suites on Pratt, the Upper Division Community.
  • Possession and consumption of alcohol is permitted for students over the age of 21, in a responsible manner, within the comfort of your suite.

Are there limits on how much alcohol per suite?

  • Yes, total alcohol within a suite cannot exceed
    • A six-pack of beer/wine cooler/malted beverage OR
    • 375 mL of hard alcohol OR
    • One liter bottle of wine
  • All residents and guests are expected to comply with state and local laws related to alcohol use, possession, sale, and distribution.

Do I have to check-in my alcohol at the front desk?

  • There is no requirement to check-in when you bring the permitted volume of alcohol to your suite.

Can I be over the age of 21, and my roommate be under the age of 21?

  • Yes; however, the student under the age of 21 may not consume any alcohol within the suite. You may not provide alcohol to anyone under the age of 21 in compliance with state law.

How do I sign up?

In order to get access to this exclusive community, you can log in to your MyIUP account and follow the steps below.

  • Log in to MyIUP
    • In the current MyIUP portal, 
      • Select Campus Services
      • Under Housing Options and Sign Up, click on "Sign up for housing at IUP."
    • In the new MyIUP Portal
      • Log in to MyIUP and go to Discover. Search for "housing agreement." 
      • On the Housing and Dining card, click Housing and Dining Portal (StarRez).
  • Select term
  • Select Apply to start your housing and dining agreement
  • Choose Upper Division Community as your Living-Learning Community preference along with your suite type preference.
  • Choose from the list of available rooms and continue through the rest of the agreement, submitting your student ID number as your electronic signature. You will receive a confirmation email in your MyIUP account.

What if I already signed up for a different area on campus? Can I change my housing to the Upper Division Community?

  • Yes! You can log back in to your MyIUP, complete the steps above, and submit to live in the Upper Division Community. Once submitted again, your original space you had reserved will be vacated for someone else to select, and your new reservation will be within the Upper Division Community.