How do I schedule for upcoming semesters?

Classes for the spring semester are scheduled in October, and classes for the summer and fall semesters are scheduled in mid-March. Prior to scheduling, you must plan a time to meet with your advisor. Your advisor will provide important guidance and give you scheduling instructions and your alternate PIN number. All students must meet with their advisor to get their alternate PIN number.

Advisors will have sign-up sheets prior to scheduling—choose a time slot and sign up. If for some reason you cannot make your scheduled appointment, please contact your advisor (via email) to reschedule.

When do I apply for a co-op position?

Students interested in co-op positions should attend the IUP Safety Sciences Career Fair, held every September. The Career Fair provides a great opportunity to find summer co-ops. Additionally, throughout the year companies will come to campus to recruit for co-ops. Many co-op opportunities are also posted on IUP's Handshake page.

When do I apply for a full-time internship?

Students should begin applying for an internship at least the semester before they plan to go on internship. It is advised that you meet with your advisor for guidance on the internship process.

How do I audit a course?

Read the university's Audit Policy.

How do I apply for course substitution?

Meet with your advisor to discuss and initiate a course substitution.  Forms are available from the department office. The form must be in the student's file before clearance for graduation. An interested student completes the form, obtains their advisor's signature, and then submits it to the department chair. If approved, the form will be forwarded to an associate dean for approval. 

How do I withdraw from a course?

I'd like to take more than 17 credits. What's the process to exceed the usual maximum academic load?

Permission is required if a student wishes to schedule more than 17 credits. This process should first be discussed with your advisor. Application forms are available online at Kopchick College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics Forms. The application must be reviewed and approved by the student's advisor and the associate dean.

How do I get a grade changed?

Forms are completed by the instructor of the course for a change in grade due to calculation errors, to add an omitted grade, or to change an incomplete grade. 

When do I apply for graduation?

Students may apply for graduation on MyIUP. More information about the application process can be found at How to Apply for Graduation.