Find Out More

Learn more about education and training options with the GI Bill.

  • The Post-9/11 (Chapter 33) offers higher education and training benefits to veterans and service members who served after September 10, 2001. Benefits may also be transferred to spouses or dependents.

  • The Montgomery assists active duty and reservists with the pursuit of higher education.

    • Active Duty (MGIB-AD Chapter 30) — For active duty members who enroll and pay $100 per month for 12 months and are then entitled to receive a monthly education benefit once they have completed a minimum service obligation.

    • Selected Reserve (MGIB-SR Chapter 1606) — For reservists with a six-year obligation in the selected reserve who are actively drilling.

    • Fry Scholarship — For surviving children or spouses of service members who died in the line of duty while serving on active duty, died in the line of duty while not on active duty, or a member of the reserves who died from a service-connected disability on or after September 11, 2001.

  • The Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 35) offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.

Applications for each of the above benefit programs may be completed online via through the Department of Veteran Affairs website. After successfully applying online, a hard-copy Certificate of Eligibility from the US Department of Veteran Affairs will be mailed to the address indicated on your application. Please submit a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility to our office to have your benefits processed.

  • The Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program (Chapter 31) assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. Veterans must have a VA service-connected disability rating of 10 percent with a serious employment handicap or 20 percent or more with an employment handicap. An eligible veteran is to meet with a vocational rehabilitation counselor (VRC) for comprehensive evaluation to determine if he/she is entitled to services.


GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the US Department of Veterans Affairs. More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official VA Benefits and Health Care site.