State and federal work-study programs can sometimes provide funds for off-campus jobs in addition to on-campus employment.

State Work-Study

Some off-campus jobs are available through the State Work-Study Program.

State Work-Study is a Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency-sponsored program made possible from funds available through the General Assembly and with the cooperation of Pennsylvania postsecondary institutions and employers. The purpose of the SWSP is to provide students with an opportunity to gain career-related work experience and, at the same time, earn funds to assist them in meeting today's costs for post-secondary education. Through the state work-study website, you can determine your eligibility for this program and search a listing of job opportunities. For additional information, please contact the IUP Office of Financial Aid at 724-357-2218.

Federal Work-Study

In addition to providing funds for on-campus jobs for students, the Community Service Learning Federal Work Study program can provide funds for some off-campus jobs in nonprofit agencies. Get more information about this by visiting the IUP Service Learning website. Eligibility for the Federal Work-Study program is determined based upon financial need. Questions about your eligibility should be directed to Financial Aid.