Pennsylvania Education Assistance Program EAP

Who is eligible?

Qualified members of the Pennsylvania Army and Air National Guard who have a six-year service commitment and who have graduated from Basic Training, Advanced Individual Training, or an equivalent (Military Science II, Military Science III, or the Leadership Development Assessment Course) may apply for funding.

How does funding work?

EAP funds are paid based upon student enrollment status (full-time or part-time) and the annual tuition rate. The maximum amount paid per semester is equivalent to the cost of in-state tuition at IUP and does not include associated fees. For more information, visit PHEAA.

How do I apply?

If you are already a member of the Pennsylvania National Guard, contact the readiness NCO (Noncommissioned Officer) at your unit of assignment. Applications must be completed and forwarded to the Fort Indiantown Gap (FTIG) Education Center no later than June 30 each year.