Navigating a new university and community setting may seem a daunting and overwhelming task for students who are not aware of what resources and services exist and how to take advantage of them.

The clinical case manager meets with students to discuss their needs and struggles and determines how best to assist them. Students are then connected with resources and services on and off campus to help them meet their needs so that they may be successful at IUP.

Some examples of resources and services with which students can be connected include:

  • Resources for basic needs such food, toiletries, clothing, housing, and utility assistance
  • Mental health resources for both outpatient and inpatient services
  • Assisting students in signing up for health insurance, SNAP (formerly food stamps), and LIHEAP (heating assistance) through medical assistance
  • Identifying and referring to appropriate campus resources for a variety of concerns
  • Help you find the resources or services you need if you are struggling and are unsure where to go for help

The clinical case manager's office is located in the IUP Counseling Center in the Center for Health and Well-Being, on the ground floor of Suites on Maple East.

Call 724-357-2621 or email for more information or to schedule an appointment.

Helpful Links and Additional Information

Psychology Today

Browse and file top-listed therapists in your area. Free and easy to use!

Food Resources

Indiana County Community Action Plan's goal is to serve as the community agency to mobilize services and resources needed to empower individuals to progress toward self-sufficiency. 

Compass (SNAP, food stands, health insurance)

Compass is an online tool for Pennsylvanian to apply for many health and human service programs and management benefit information.


The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps families living on low incomes pay their heating bills in the form of a cash grant. Households in immediate danger of being without heat can also qualify for crisis grants.  The cash grant is a one-time payment sent directly to the utility company/fuel provider to be credited on your bill. These grants range from $300 to $1,000 based on household size, income, and fuel type. Remember: This is a grant and does not have to be repaid.