Skip to main content
IUP artmark

Frequently Asked Questions about the Office of the Registrar

  • ...about the Office of the Registrar

    When will I receive my diploma?

    IUP has three graduation dates per year: May, August, and December. Diplomas are mailed approximately two to six weeks after the actual graduation date in these months because grades from a student's final semester/session have to be evaluated by the student's assistant dean or department to assure that degree requirements have been met.

    What do I do if my grade for a particular class is incorrect?

    You should contact the instructor of the class. If the instructor determines that the grade should be changed, the change is initiated on a Grade Change Form signed by the instructor, course department chair, course dean, and student's dean. Once the required signatures are in place, the form comes to the Registrar's Office and the change is entered into the grade system. The student will be sent an e-mail notifying him or her that a grade change has occurred. Incomplete grades (“I”) for which the work has been completed are converted to a grade via the process listed above. The student has until the end of the next regular semester to make up an incomplete grade or the “I” will be changed to an “F.”

    What do I do if I am still enrolled and begin to receive notices to pay back my student loans?


    You can print your own enrollment verification. Go to for details.


    What do I do if I forgot my Network Username and Password?

    Go to the website At that location are options to locate your username and reset your password. If you need further assistance, contact the IT Support Center via e-mail at or phone 724-357-4000. 

    Where can I get my alternate PIN?

    Your alternate PIN number for Fall or Spring registration is given to you by your academic advisor. If you have already registered for classes in a given term, you may view your alternate pin on the Academics link after you sign-in to MyIUP

    How do I register for a class that is restricted or closed?

    If you are trying to register for a course and the message you receive is that the course is “Restricted—you are not authorized to schedule this,” you will need to contact the academic department offering the course for a restriction override permit. If the academic department decides that you have met the prerequisites, the proper departmental personnel will notify you to register yourself for a particular section of that course. If you try to register for a course that is closed, you must follow the same procedure—report to the academic department offering the course to receive permission to register yourself for the closed course.

    How do I withdraw from a class?

    View Withdrawal Policies for complete instructions on processing a course withdrawal.

    How do I apply for Pennsylvania residency tuition fees?

    There is an appeal process. It is recommended that an appointment be set up with the Residency Officer before completing any forms. The residency reclassification appeal and student domicile regulations can then be explained. After completing the appeal form, the student returns it, along with all supporting documentation, to the Residency Officer. The Residency Officer will mail a written decision of the appeal within thirty days of receipt of a complete appeal application. Get more information about residency.