The violence in Pittsburgh has touched many of us in the IUP community. Please know that we are here to support you and have resources in place to help you.

If you live in a university residence hall, and would like to talk a counselor, please contact your community assistant or visit the main desk in your building, where the phone number of the on-call staff member is posted. If you are not an on-campus resident, please call University Police at 724-357-2141. The on-line staff member or the University Police dispatcher will put you in touch with the appropriate person or office.

The IUP Council for Spiritual and Religious Life is also available to provide support, and can be contacted by email at

Information on support during stressful times is available on the university's website. You may also call the Indiana community's Crisis Intervention 24-hour hotline at 1-877-333-2470.

During regular business hours, students who would like to speak with a counselor may call 724-357-2621 or visit the Counseling Center in the Rhonda H. Luckey Center for Health and Well-Being, Suites on Maple East. Walk-in hours at the Counseling Center are from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Counselors are available for crisis appointments and consultation and to offer guidance and support during difficult times.

Michael Driscoll