Nonresident Alien Employment Guidelines

Posted on 7/24/2008 3:34:53 PM

Effective January 1, 2008, Indiana University of Pennsylvania no longer honors Tax Treaties when placing nonresident aliens (NRA) on the payroll system. The guidelines to determine the tax status of nonresident aliens and reporting of income for nonresident aliens are set forth by the Internal Revenue Service and Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education (PASSHE).

To be employed at IUP as a student worker, each student must have a social security number and provide the Payroll Services Office with completed paperwork mandated by the IRS and PASSHE.

To continue to work and receive compensation from IUP, you MUST provide the following documentation to the Payroll Services Office (G8 Sutton Hall)

If you have questions concerning the completion of these forms, please call 724-357-2510.

Your assistance in this issue will be greatly appreciated.