These employees are paid through IUP payroll as undergraduate students, graduate students, graduate assistants, and teaching associates.

How do I post an on-campus student position?

  1. First-time supervisors should complete send a request through AskHR. Please choose "Hire a Hawk" for the field What is your question about?
  2. Human Resources will create a "requisition" in the online hiring system.
  3. Supervisors will receive a confirmation email from with the Requisition # once created.
  4. Follow the Hire a Hawk Comprehensive Guide to complete your posting.

Additional information can be found on our Hire-A-Hawk Resources page.

How do I post an off-campus student position?

"Off-campus" refers to non-university employment. These jobs can be located at businesses on or near campus, within walking distance, or in surrounding communities.

Please review the Post an Off-Campus Job website.

The job board is updated on a daily basis; but, there is a one- to two-day delay between posting or removing a job and when it appears on the website.

My student worker stopped working in my department. What do I do?

  1. Log in to eTime.
  2. Click on the Submit Terminated Users tab.
  3. Click on your Student List.
  4. Enter a checkmark by the student you wish to terminate.
  5. Click on Add Note and provide the student's last day worked and any additional notes as to why the student terminated, such as "graduation," "voluntary resignation," etc.
  6. Select the Submit button.