In-service Perceptual Driving Update: 16 hours

Police departments may apply through a certified school for a grant from the Municipal Police Officers' Education and Training Commission to sponsor an in-service training program.The commission approves the content and instructors for each course. Participants must be certified police officers or purchase a tuition ticket through a law enforcement agency.

The Criminal Justice Training Center provides certificates upon completion of a course, and continuing education units (CEUs) are awarded through IUP. There are numerous courses available which range in length from eight hours to 60 hours.

The MPOETC website has a list of current in-service courses being offered across the state. The following is a list of some of the most popular courses: