Skip to main content
IUP artmark

Registration Helpful Tips

  • Here are helpful tips regarding registration via MyIUP.

    Registering for Closed Courses

    On the Academics screen, you will see the Course Registration and Textbooks box.

    Registration screen_750pxlIf you review the University-wide Class Schedule rather than going to Look-up Classes to Add, you will be able to see a listing of ALL courses being offered during a particular semester. This listing will also indicate if the course is closed. You can retrieve the CRN number for a course from this listing, which will be needed should you be granted a closed-section override for any course.

    To register for a CLOSED course (after you have been granted a closed-section override):

    1. Look up the CRN number on the University-wide Class Schedule BEFORE clicking on Class Changes.
    2. Register for the class by typing the CRN number into the registration section.
    3. Review your schedule to verify that the course has been added to your schedule.

    If you go directly to Look-up Classes to Add and then check the class listing, you will only see courses that are open. Courses that are closed will not appear on the list in Look-up Classes to Add.  

    Alternate PIN Numbers

    Students must see their advisor in order to receive their Alternate PIN Number before registering for classes. Once a student receives their Alternate PIN Number from their advisor and has begun the registration process, they can view their Alternate PIN Number on the View Your Alternate PIN link.  

    Override Information

    Students can check the See Your Registration Status link to find out if an override has been entered. If an override has been entered, the Registration Permits and Overrides box will appear on the Registration Status screen. Be sure to register for courses for which you have received an override as quickly as possible (within 48 hours).

    If you have questions or problems, please stop in 203 Davis Hall for assistance.