For Students: Reenrollment Procedures

  • Graduate students wishing to return to the university must contact the School of Graduate Studies and Research for specific instructions.

    Undergraduate students who have withdrawn from the university, or were not enrolled during the previous regular semester, must complete an Application for Readmission.

    An application can be obtained by:

    • Log into MyIUP and click on Academics . You will find Apply for Readmission to IUP in the “ Academic Record ” portlet which will allow you to apply online for readmission.
      If you don’t have a MyIUP account, claim your account to get MyIUP access. (Note: If you last attended prior to fall 2000, complete a paper Application for Readmission.

    The readmission deadline is one week prior to the start of the semester in which you are applying for readmission. 

    Requests for readmission for academically dismissed students or first-semester and transfer students who withdraw from the university voluntarily during their first semester of full-time enrollment will be forwarded to the Office of the Dean of the college in which the student was enrolled at the time of dismissal, or of total university withdrawal, for a decision on the student’s readmission.

    Students in good academic standing who reapply to IUP and wish to be admitted into the Associate of Arts in General Studies program will be automatically admitted to that program. Students not in good academic standing who reapply to IUP and wish to be admitted into the Associate of Arts in General Studies program will be referred to the Office of the Dean of the College of Education and Communications for a decision.

    Decisions for readmission of students in university probationary or dismissed status, regardless of whether the student was dismissed by the university or the student voluntarily withdrew, are the responsibility of the Academic Standards Officer of the college the student wishes to enter. If the student is seeking admission to a new college, the officer of the new college will consult with the officer of the former college before making a decision. The Office of the Registrar will officially change the major based on the officer’s readmission letter to the student.

    All outstanding financial obligations to the university must be met before the application for readmission will be processed. Because of enrollment restrictions, requests for readmission to Nursing or to the College of Fine Arts will be forwarded for approval by a representative from that department or college.

    Reenrolled students who have not been enrolled for two years or more may petition their college dean for application of the Cancelled Semester Policy, which provides for cancellation from the cumulative record of the effects of one semester below a GPA of 2.0. Students who have been separated from the university for two consecutive calendar years may petition their college dean to return under the Fresh Start Policy. Students must pay fees and attend classes before a designated semester will be cancelled or the Fresh Start Policy will take effect. Details regarding these policies can also be found in the Academic Policies section in the Undergraduate Catalog.

    Once the application for readmission has been approved, the student will be sent instructions on how and when to register.

    Students reenrolled to IUP are encouraged to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine financial aid eligibility. Financial aid eligibility will be based on financial need, as determined by the FAFSA application, and on prior academic record.