Parent Resources

  • Welcome to Indiana University of Pennsylvania! We are excited that you will be joining the IUP family and wanted to provide information to help get you started. You will find answers to many of your questions, interesting facts about IUP, and learn how we will support your student as he or she strives to achieve their collegiate goals.

    It’s our hope that this page will serve as a resource as you navigate IUP and all our services and resources to ensure your student’s success.

    Parent and Family Community Network

    Sign up and join the IUP Parent and Family Community Network to receive updated information, campus news, and events. Your one-stop shop for:

    • Access to important campus news and deadlines
    • Personalized newsletters on your schedule
    • Announcements via email and text message
    • Sharing of updates with friends and family

    Sign up online 

    What’s next for your student?!?

    Remind your student to complete the HAWKS 100 and 101 online modules in MyIUP.

    HAWKS 100 content includes: Getting Ready and Financial Literacy modules.

    The HAWKS 101 courses have all been combined into one course with following modules:

    • Day 1 of Your Journey Materials
    • Social Equity on Campus
    • Student Affairs
    • Campus Technology
    • Academic Policies and Procedures 

    View a checklist for parents of incoming students.

    General Topics for Discussion

    • Encourage your student to fully participate in Welcome Weekend activities

    • Discuss campus safety and decisions related to alcohol use and IUP policies. For more information, visit the Source – A Student Policy Guide A–Z index.

    • Review their fall class schedule and the importance of dedicating time each week to classwork and studying.

    • Discuss how the placement test results impact their fall schedule. Students have the opportunity to retest for Math and/or Reading over the summer. Find out more about placement testing.

    • Learn more about activities to become engaged with and student services that support academic success. For more information, visit Student Organizations and the Academic Success Center.

    • Discuss the transition to college life and life skills such as money management, doing laundry and staying healthy. For more information, visit Transition to College Life.

    • Discuss opportunities for securing employment on campus. For more information, visit  Student Employment.


  • The Academic Community

    How we can help:

    The Division of Academic Affairs oversees the academic colleges, departments, as well as the Career and Professional Development Center, Office of International Education, Office of the Registrar, and the IT Support Center. We are here to help you and your student navigate the academic aspects of IUP.

    Programs and Services
    • Academic Recovery Assistance Program
    • Academic Success Center (ASC@IUP)
    • American Language Institute
    • Army Reserve Officers’ Training Corps (ROTC) (video)
    • Career and Professional Development
    • Center for Teaching Excellence
    • Cooks Honors College
    • Education Abroad
    • IT Support Center (Help Desk)
    • International Student and Scholar Services
    • Liberal Studies Program
    • Student Athletic Academic Support
    • Tutoring
    Academic Success Center @IUP (ASC@IUP)

    Supporting the achievement of our students as they attain their academic goals is the driving force behind ASC@IUP. Equally important is the support provided to faculty in their roles as academic advisors. The Center is coordinated by the Office of the Provost with outreach to our faculty, staff, and students.

    Find us: 202 Stabley Library
    Call us: 724-357-4070
    Email us:

    Labyrinth Center for Autism Spectrum Support

    The Labyrinth Center provides a comprehensive and holistic approach to support IUP students with Autism Spectrum Diagnosis as they build relationships, gain independence, experience academic success, and graduate from IUP with the professional and personal skills needed to embark on a fulfilling life and career. The IUP Labyrinth model consists of four components that provide enhanced supports to our students. The components include a one-credit course taken each semester, academic and life coaching, supervised study sessions, and peer and faculty mentoring.

    Find us: 110 Stouffer Hall
    Call us: 724-357-5678 or 5679
    Email us: Dr. Joann Migyanka,

    Academic Colleges

    How we can help:

    Each college offers students the courses, resources, and high-quality instruction they’ll need to succeed. In addition, each college has an Academic Standards Officer who assists students with academic issues including, but not limited to, course registration, course repeats, excess credits, grade appeals, and exceptions to academic policies.

    Expand to see colleges and the departments within them.

    College of Creative Arts, Humanities, and Design
    • Art and Design (includes Interior Design and Fashion Studies)
    • English
    • Foreign Languages
    • History
    • Music
    • Philosophy and Religious Studies*
    • Political Science
    • Theatre, Dance, and Performance
    College of Education and Communications
    • Center for Career and Technical Personal Preparation
    • Communication Disorders, Special Education, and Disability Services
    • Communications Media (includes Journalism)
    • Professional Studies in Education (includes Human Development and Family Science and Family and Consumer Sciences Education)
    College of Health and Human Behavior
    • Academy of Culinary Arts
    • Criminology
    • Food and Nutrition
    • Kinesiology, Health, and Sports Science
    • Nursing and Allied Health Professions
    • Psychology
    • Sociology
    Kopchick College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
    • Anthropology
    • Biology
    • Chemistry, Physics, and Engineering *
    • Geography and Regional Planning and Geoscience*
    • Mathematical and Computer Sciences (includes Information Technology)
    • Safety Sciences
    Eberly College of Business and Information Technology
    • Accounting (includes BS in Information Systems)
    • Finance and Economics*
    • Management (includes Hospitality Management)
    • Marketing
    University College
    • Exploratory Studies

    Office of the Registrar

    How we can help:

    The Office of the Registrar works collaboratively with students on registration, scheduling, degree path, and record guardianship for students. Through their office you can find an academic calendar, information on registration and scheduling classes, degree progress, student records and transcripts/enrollment verification.

    Academic Calendar: Dates of importance throughout the academic year 

    Course Registration/Scheduling classes

    Degree Works: A web-based tool that provides students with the ability to monitor and track their academic progress toward graduation.

    Student Records Release: A student can designate individuals or entities to whom their educational record information can be released.

    Transcripts/Enrollment Verifications

    Office of the Registrar
    Find us: Clark Hall, third floor
    Call us: 724-357-2217
    Email us:

    Office of Student Billing

    How we can help:

    Student Billing (Easy Pay): Issue student bills, electronically process payments on student accounts.

    Disbursement of Financial Aid: Disburse Aid to student account and issue refunds if excess of funds.

    Third Party Billing: Office of Vocational Rehabilitation, Military, Private and International.

    Financial Terms and Conditions: Signed electronic agreement that student accepts full responsibility to pay all tuition and fees from class registration.

    Miscellaneous Services: Additions to Crimson Cash accounts, Parking Ticket Citations.

    1098T: Tax document needed for educational credits on tax return.

    Office of Student Billing
    Find us: Clark Hall
    Call us: 724-357-2207
    Email us:

    Office of Financial Aid

    How we can help:

    Financial Aid (video)

    FAFSA: Free Aid application, available October 1. File as soon as possible for maximum aid consideration.

    PA State Grant: FAFSA must be submitted by May 1. Freshmen must complete Student Status Form.

    Aid Programs: Grants, Loans, Student Employment, and Scholarships

    Additional Requirements: Students should regularly check their MyIUP account for outstanding requirements that may affect their aid eligibility. 

    Additional Information: Questions/concerns regarding changes in income? Please contact our office regarding your special circumstances.

    Financial Aid Office
    Find us: 200 Clark Hall
    Call us: 724-357-2218
    Email us:

    Career and Professional Development Center (CPDC)

    How we can help:

    Individual Career Coaching: Meet one-on-one with a career coach to discuss career planning and job/graduate school search, among other topics.

    Job and Internship/Career Fairs: Connect with numerous employers in one place at one time. Schedule of upcoming local and regional job fairs are available on the CPDC website.

    Experiential Learning: CPDC promotes professional and personal development through experiential learning such as internships.

    Study Away Programs: National Student Exchange, Disney College Program, and the Washington Center Internship Program are great ways to gain experience and see other parts of the US.

    Other Services: Mock interviews, etiquette dinners, on-campus recruiting, drop in hours, resume/cover letter reviews, and networking events are among the many services and programs offered through the CPDC. Seize your opportunities!

    Career and Professional Development Center
    Find us: 302 Pratt Hall
    Call us: 724-357-2235
    Email us:

    PNC Bank/I-Card and Vending Services

    How we can help:

    PNC Bank offers student banking. PNC Bank Visa debit card designed for IUP students in which you can choose to link your IUP I-Card to your ATM card too!

    Find us: PNC Branch located in the HUB
    Call us: 724-465-5582 or 1-888-PNC-BANK 

    I-Card Issuance and Replacement: Students first I-Card is issued at Orientation. Cards not functioning due to normal wear and tear are replaced at no charge; there is a $15 replacement fee for lost/stolen cards. I-Cards are replaced at I-Card office in the HUB.

    Crimson Cash/Vending Services: Crimson Cash is money added to the I-Card for vending services on campus.

    I-Card Office
    Find us: 232 HUB
    Call us: 724-357-1314

    The Student Affairs Community

    How we can help:

    The Division of Student Affairs offers student-centered services, programs, and experiences for our students to promote excellence, stimulate discovery, celebrate diversity, and motivate students’ development, involvement, and personal professional achievement. Within IUP’s Student Affairs Division are faculty, staff, and student professional who are dedicated to helping our students succeed.

    Programs and Services:

    • Center for Health and Well-Being
    • Center for Multicultural Student Leadership and Engagement
    • Department for Disability Access and Advising
    • Housing and Dining
    • Intercollegiate Athletics
    • Military and Veterans Resource Center
    • Office of Student Support and Community Standards
    • Residence Life
    • Student Cooperative Association
    • Council on Spiritual and Religious Life
    • IUP Food Pantry and Help Center
    • LGBTQIA Advocacy

    Find us: 211-216 Sutton Hall
    Call us: 724-357-4040
    Email us:

    Department for Disability Access and Advising

    How we can help:

    Upon student registration with the department and provision of appropriate documentation:

    Ensure access to IUP programs and services for students with disabilities.

    Notify students’ faculty about required (and recommended) accommodations.

    Provide accommodations, including but not limited to, note taking, accommodated testing, adapted equipment, regular disability support and advising meetings.

    Provide advocacy and advising to students and the wider university about accommodations and access.

    Disability Access and Advising
    Find us: 216 Pratt Hall
    Call us: 724-357-4067
    Email us:

    Intercollegiate Athletics

    How we can help:

    IUP Athletics sponsors 19 intercollegiate athletic programs that participate as a member of the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference at the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division II level. IUP Athletics strives to develop our student athletes academically, socially, and athletically.

    Find us: Kovalchick Complex and Memorial Field House
    Call us: 724-357-4295

    Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC)

    How we can help:

    Scholarship Information for Veterans and Military Members: A list of scholarships that are available

    GI Bill Benefits: Apply for and learn how to use your GI Bill Benefits.

    MVRC Lounge: This is a great place to relax between classes and enjoy free coffee, cable TV, and Netflix. WiFi is also available in the MVRC lounge.

    Computer Lab: The MVRC computer lab is only for veterans and military affiliated students. We offer free printing and scanning.

    Military and Veterans Resource Center
    Find us: Ruddock Hall G39
    Call us: 724-357-3008
    Email us:

    Center for Multicultural Student Leadership and Engagement (MCSLE)

    How we can help:

    Multicultural Affairs and Student Success (MASS): Implements programs, services, and advisement in support of multicultural students and recognized student organizations and represents their interests to the university administration.

    Student Leadership and New Student Success: Supports recognized campus organizations and provides leadership opportunities.

    Greek Life and Student Engagement: Provides developmental opportunities that support academic engagement, cognitive development, student leadership, civic responsibility, and peer accountability.

    Program Coordination and Assessment: Coordinates events such as 6:00 O’Clock Series and the Homecoming Parade. 

    Center for Multicultural Student Leadership and Engagement
    Find us: 128 Elkin Hall
    Call us: 724-357-2598

    Office of Housing and Dining and Office of Residence Life

    How we can help:

    The Office of Housing and Dining and the Office of Residence Life are committed to providing services that facilitate a smooth transition from home to college. Provide 24 hour on-call personnel, student staff who live in the halls and are trained and ready to help, along with immediate access to a highly skilled maintenance staff prepared to assist in making the residential environment like home.

    Housing Assignments/Room changes: A student can sign up for housing or request information about a room change.

    Residence Life: Find out what is happening in our residence halls. Our live-in staff organize an abundance of activities to stay involved.

    Living Learning Communities: Learn more about our variety of Living Learning Communities on campus to match your interests.

    Meal planning and dining services: Sign up for or change your meal plan and add Flex money.

    Residential Network and Cable: Questions about your internet connection or cable? Contact Us.

    Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining
    Find us: G37 Ruddock Hall
    Call us: 724-357-2696
    Email us:;;

    Rhonda H. Luckey Center for Health and Well-Being

    Here you’ll find information on the health center, counseling services, the Haven Project (for victims of violence and abuse), Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Programs (ATOD), and health and wellness promotion.

    Health Service

    How we can help:

    As part of the Center for Health and Well-Being, located in the Suites on Maple East, we provide routine health services for students while they are away from home at college.

    Services include, but are not limited to: Injury/Illness visits, TB Testing, Physicals, Wound Care, Suturing, Breathing Treatments, Allergy Injections, IV Hydration, Contraception, STD/HIV Testing, and mental health concerns.

    Find us: G65, Suites on Maple East
    Call us: 724-357-2550
    Email us:

    Counseling Center

    How we can help:

    The Counseling Center facilitates student success and psychological well-being through culturally sensitive clinical services, outreach, and consultation. We strive to provide effective and timely initial assessment, counseling, and referral services. The Center’s Clinical Case Manager can provide referral options to better meet a student’s needs and follow-up to offer additional assistance in finding resources. The Counseling Center provides services for currently enrolled IUP students who have paid the Health Fee.

    Cases are evaluated individually, and the professional judgement of the mental health provider(s) will determine the treatment decision in a particular situation.

    Find us: G31 Suites on Maple East
    Call us: 724-357-2621 

    Haven Project

    How we can help:

    We provide counseling and support for students who have experienced sexual violence, domestic/dating violence, and stalking. Confidential counseling and consultation is provided to survivors through the IUP Counseling Center.
    We also provide students with information regarding both on-campus and community resources. Students are eligible for services whether or not they choose to report.

    In addition we provide education and prevention programming on sexual violence, domestic/dating violence, stalking, consent, healthy and unhealthy relationships, and bystander intervention.

    Find us: G2 Suites on Maple East
    Call us: 724-357-3947
    Alice Paul House 24-hour hotline: 1-800-435-7249
    Email us:

    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drug Programs (ATOD)

    How we can help:

    • Individual consultation for students regarding alcohol/drug use.
    • Educational programs on alcohol, tobacco, and other drug issues.
    • Information for research and classroom projects.
    • Educational Intervention for students who have violated the university alcohol and marijuana policy.

    Find us: G59 Suites on Maple East
    Call us: 724-357-1265
    Email us:

    Health and Wellness Promotion

    How we can help:

    The Health and Wellness Promotion program encourages students to make healthy and informed lifestyle choices. Health and Wellness Promotion also provides a variety of educational programming, intervention services, and referrals to meet students’ physical, social, mental, spiritual, and environmental health needs.

    Center for Health and Well-Being
    Find us: G59 Suites on Maple East
    Call us: 724-357-4799
    Email us:

    Office of Student Support and Community Standards

    How we can help:

    Adjudicate alleged violation of university policies and procedures.

    Facilitate Student Conduct Hearings.

    Provide information and consultation to faculty, staff, students and parents/guardians (of dependent students under 21 years of age) regarding student conduct.

    Mediate conflicts between students and/or recognized student organizations.

    Annually update Student Conduct Policies and Procedures

    Office of Student Support and Community Standards
    Find us: G11 Ruddock Hall
    Call us: 724-357-1264
    Email us:

    Student Cooperative Association

    In this section you’ll find information on the Co-op Store and textbook orders, the Penn, campus recreation, and the Student Activity Committee.

    The Co-op Store


    How we can help:

    • Textbooks and course materials: Must be pre-ordered online, various formats available
    • View your book list on your MyIUP page under the Academics tab
    • School and art supplies
    • Imprinted giftware
    • Official IUP apparel
    • Copy Center: Print, scan, fax, bind, copy, poster and banner printing, laminating
    • Graduation regalia

    Find us: Hadley Union Building (HUB)
    Call us: 724-357-3145
    Email us:

    The Penn

    How we can help:

    Since 1924, the Penn has been the student newspaper of IUP. The Penn continues to serve the IUP community each Tuesday and Friday during the academic year. You can find the Penn online.

    Find us: Hadley Union Building (HUB)
    Call us: 724-357-1306
    Email us:;

    Campus Recreation

    How we can help:

    The Student Cooperative Association Campus Recreation Services is designed to provide a wide variety of sports and leisure activities, at a minimum cost to the entire IUP Community.

    The programs sponsored by the service represent a broad selection of leisure pursuits including multiple workout facilities, intramural sports, outdoor activities like camping, sailing, fishing and sledding, plus much more. We strive to offer “something for everyone” and continuously seek to develop, as well as improve, facilities and programs to meet the needs of the IUP Community.

    Find us: Hadley Union Building (HUB)
    Call us: 724-357-2590

    Student Activity Committee

    How we can help:

    The Student Activity Committee (STATIC) provides high-quality, student-centered, diverse entertainment to the IUP campus community. STATIC plans concerts, comedians, speakers, trips, films, novelties, and more. In the past, STATIC has booked acts like Mac Miller, Wiz Khalifa, All Time Low, Machine Gun Kelly, Bo Burnham, Amy Schumer, and more!

    Find us: Hadley Union Building (HUB)
    Call us: 724-357-1393
    Email us:

    Office of Public Safety

    In this section you’ll find information on the University Police, Emergency Management, and emotional, medical, and violence/assault/harassment resources.

    University Police

    How we can help:

    IUP Police Department (IUP PD) operates on a 24 hour-a-day, 365 days-a-year basis on the IUP campus. The IUP Police Department provides a variety of services to ensure a safe and secure academic, working and living environment for our students.

    Services Include:
    • Bicycle Registration: Bike registration is encourage to decrease theft and increase the likelihood of recovery in the event that the bike is stolen.
    • Blue Light Phones: In the event of an emergency, students can use an emergency phone located throughout campus to notify University Police.
    • Crime Prevention and Education Unit: Our officers have advanced training in many areas of crime prevention and provide a wide range of educational programs.
    • Escort Services: Students can request to have an IUP University Police Officer meet them at their location and walk with them to their destination.
    • Operation ID: Engraving: Students can have their valuables engraved as a safety measure to deter theft and assist police in the recovery of stolen property.

    Find us: University Towers
    Call us: 724-357-2141

    IUP Crime Tip Hotline: 724-357-2255
    Indiana Borough Police Dept: 724-349-2121 or 911
    Pennsylvania State Police: 724-357-1960 or 911

    Emergency Management

    Emergency Notification System: Students can register for emergency notifications by logging into MyIUP.
    Parents, family members, and community members can sign up by texting iupalert to 888-777 to receive emergency communications.

    We also offer programs such as: Stop the Bleed, Active Shooter, CPR/First Aid/AED certifications.

    Find us at: University Towers
    Call us: 724-357-254

    Additional Resources

    How we can help:

    Emotional Health
    • IUP Counseling Center: 724-357-2621
    • Center for Applied Psychology: 724-357-6228
    • Armstrong-Indiana Crisis Hotline: 877-333-2470
    • Community Guidance Center: 724-465-5576
    Medical Care
    • IUP Health Service: 724-357-2550
    • Indiana Regional Medical Center (IRMC): 724-357-7000
    • MedExpress: 724-349-4362
    Relationship Violence, Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, and Violence
    • 911 or University Police: 724-357-2141
    • PA Crime Victim Hotline: 800-435-7249
    • IUP Counseling Center: 724-357-2621
    • IUP Haven Project: 724-357-3947
    • IUP Health Service: 724-357-2550
    • Title IX Office/Coordinator: 724-357-3402
    • Office of Student Support and Community Standards: 724-357-1264

  • Training Video Library

  • Academic Calendar

    Academic Standards

    Center for Health and Well-Being

    Co-op Store

    Cultural Competencies Certificate

    Degree Works

    Enrollment Verification


  • Financial Aid

    Housing and Dining

    Liberal Studies



    Student Billing

    Student Engagement

    Student Support and Community Standards