The IUP Department of Communications Media produced this time-lapse video of the installation of the Ronald G. Pogorzelski and Lester D. Yankee Memorial Organ in Summer 2014. The IUP installation process spanned over a month of work which was completed by the original organ builder, Raymond J. Brunner of Raymond J. Brunner and Co., Silver Spring, Pa.
The organ is a two-manual, mechanical action organ which comes to the university via a special, renewable lease from the American Guild of Organists. The pipe organ is a bequest to the Guild from its original owners, Ronald G. Pogorzelski and Lester D. Yankee, formerly of Bucks County, Pa. The organ casework is gilded in 22-karat gold leaf, inspired by the early Pennsylvania German organists of David Tannenberg (1728–1804). Tannenberg was the most famous apprentice of Johann Gottlob Clemm, who established the rich, early 18th-century Pennsylvania organ building tradition.