Associate archivist at Catholic University of America in Washington, DC, William Shepherd ’84, M’86 published four articles and eight book reviews last year. A native of Cherry Tree, Indiana County, he lives in Crofton, Maryland, with his wife, Marie Sestile ’87.
- “ The Photographs of Terence V. Powderly,” Pennsylvania History: A Journal of Mid-Atlantic Studies (81:4), Autumn 2014, pp. 412-431.
- “ ‘Danger and Duty’ Winfield Scott Schley (1833-1911),” Newsletter of the Scotch-Irish Society of the United States of America, Winter 2014, pp. 3-4.
- “ Americanizing the Church: John J. Burke,” Potomac Catholic Heritage, XXV, Winter 2014, 31-34
- “ For God and Country,” Potomac Catholic Heritage, XXV, Winter 2014, 3-7.
- Blum, Howard. Dark Invasion, 1915: Germany’s Secret War and the Hunt for the First Terror Cell in America. New York: Harper Collins, 2014. Military History (31:5), January 2015, p. 72.
- Christopher Baker, Michael L. Dockrill, and Keith Hamilton (eds.). Britain in Global Politics, Vol. 1, From Gladstone to Churchill. (Security, Conflict, and Cooperation in the Contemporary World). New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2013.
John W. Young, Effie G. H. Pedaliu, and Michael D. Kandiah, (eds.). Britain in Global Politics, Vol. 2, From Churchill to Blair. (Security, Conflict, and Cooperation in the Contemporary World). New York: Palgrave MacMillan, 2013. Journal of British Studies (53:4), October 2014, pp. 1064-1066.
- Kagan, Neil, and Hyslop, Stephen G. Smithsonian Civil War: Inside the National Collection. Washington: Smithsonian Books, 2013. Washington History (26:2), Fall 2014, pp. 73-74.
- Irons, Roy. Churchill and the Mad Mullah: Betrayal and Redemption, 1899-1921. Barnsley, South Yorkshire, England: Pen and Sword Books, 2013. Finest Hour (163), Summer 2014, pp. 45-46.
- Janin, Hunt, with Ursula Carlson. Mercenaries in Medieval and Renaissance Europe. Jefferson, North Carolina, and London: McFarland and Company, 2013. Swiss-American Historical Society Review (50: 2), June 2014, pp. 73-74.
- Schoeman, Chris. Churchill’s South Africa: Travels During the Anglo-Boar War. Cape Town, South Africa: Random House Struik/Zebra Press, 2013. Finest Hour (162), Spring 2014, pp. 48-49.
- Graham Farmelo. Churchill’s Bomb: How the United States Overtook Britain in the First Nuclear Arms Race. New York: Basic Books, 2013. Finest Hour (162), Spring 2014, pp. 47-48.
- Marcus Losack. Saint Patrick: A New Theory of Origins. Dublin: Columba, 2013. Catholic Library World (84:3), March 2014, p. 202.