International Student Scholarships

  • Financial Assistance and Partial Tuition Waiver

    All degree-seeking, international students (F-1 or J-1 visa status) are reviewed for financial assistance from IUP’s Office of International Education through a Partial Tuition Waiver. Students on other visa types or legal permanent residence (green card) are not eligible for any OIE funding. Graduate students may also be eligible for a graduate assistantship in their department. Please select the link below for more information on graduate assistant positions and for the application. 


    International students can also consider obtaining a loans through ELMSelect. Search for “Indiana University of Pennsylvania,” and then select your level of study and program to find loan options. Most loans require international students to have a co-signer that is a permanent resident or US citizen.

    Partial Tuition Waiver (PTW)

    Partial tuition waivers are awarded to eligible international students based on financial need, and no additional application form is necessary. If students are awarded a PTW, the amount of funding will be reflected on the immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019), and an official PTW letter will be included in the student’s acceptance package.