To change your major to a BA in History or Social Studies Education, please log in to your MyIUP account and go to the Change of Major link. To switch into the Social Studies Education program, you will need to have a 3.0 overall GPA. It usually takes just a few weeks to process the change of major request. If you need to speak to an advisor before your change of major is processed, please speak to the departmental secretary in 304Q Humanities and Social Sciences Building about the possibility of being assigned an advisor.

If you are switching from history to another major, please visit that major's office to learn if there are any prerequisites before you would be allowed to switch into that major. Please speak to someone in that office about advising, since the History faculty members are most likely unfamiliar with department's courses and requirements and probably will not be able to advise you correctly.