Reading Area Community College

  • RACC logoWelcome, Reading Area Community College students! Here’s everything you need to transfer to IUP.

    IUP is ready to help you pursue your academic and professional aspirations in a way that suits your current needs. 

    Use our Liberal Studies Equivalency Guide to help you to determine which courses to take at RACC for maximum transferability of general studies courses.

    Use our Online Transfer Credit Equivalency System to assist you in determining how other courses not listed on the equivalency guide will transfer.

    Both of these tools are best used in conjunction with our undergraduate catalog which indicates specific courses that must be taken in order to complete your degree at IUP.

    The following program-to-program agreements allow students to transfer full Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degrees into parallel bachelor degree programs with full junior standing. The following programs are covered by state articulation agreements (TAOC):

    RACC+IUP Articulation Agreements
    Community College Degree
    Parallel IUP Degree
    PK-4 Education
    Early Childhood Teaching (Associate in Applied Science) Early Childhood Education/Special Education
    Psychology Psychology Transfer (Associate in Art) Psychology (BA)

    Please contact the IUP Transfer Services Office at or the transfer coordinator at Reading Area Community College to learn more. 

    Reverse Transfer

    IUP has partnered with RACC and the 13 other Pennsylvania community colleges to help our students obtain a degree/credential from the community college. The statewide Reverse Transfer initiative identifies students who may be eligible based on credit earned at both RACC and IUP.

    Once you’ve received an e-mail from our Transfer Services office indicating your eligibility, you ll want to complete the Transcript Release Form that will allow us to forward your IUP transcript to RACC for review to determine any associate degree award for which you may be eligible.