Montgomery County Community College

  • MCCC logoWelcome, Montgomery County Community College students! Here’s everything you need to transfer to IUP.

    IUP is ready to help you pursue your academic and professional aspirations in a way that suits your current needs. 

    Use our Liberal Studies Equivalency Guide to help you to determine which courses to take at MC3 for maximum transferability of general studies courses.

    Use our Online Transfer Credit Equivalency System to assist you in determining how other courses not listed on the equivalency guide will transfer.

    Both of these tools are best used in conjunction with our undergraduate catalog, which indicates specific courses that must be taken in order to complete your degree at IUP.

    The following program to program agreements allow students to transfer full Associate of Arts and Associate of Science Degrees into parallel bachelor degree programs with full junior standing. The following programs are covered by state articulation agreements (TAOC):

    MC3+IUP Articulation Agreements
    Community College Degree
    Parallel IUP Degree
    Computer Science
    Computer Science (Associate in Science) Computer Science/Applied Computer Science Track (BS)
    Computer Science (BA)
    Mathematics Mathematics (Associate in Art)
    Mathematics (BS)
    PK-4 Education
    Education in the Early Years:  Birth through 4th Grade (Associate in Art)
    Early Childhood Education/Special Education (BSED)
    Psychology Social Sciences (Associate in Art)
    Psychology (BA)

    Please contact the IUP Transfer Services Office at or the transfer coordinator at Montgomery County Community College to learn more.

    Reverse Transfer

    IUP has partnered with Montgomery County Community College and the 13 other Pennsylvania community colleges to help our students obtain a degree/credential from the community college. The statewide Reverse Transfer initiative identifies students who may be eligible based on credit earned at both Montgomery County Community College and IUP.

    Once you’ve received an e-mail from our Transfer Services office indicating your eligibility, you ll want to complete the Transcript Release Form that will allow us to forward your IUP transcript to Montgomery County Community College for review to determine any associate degree award for which you may be eligible.