Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

DEd in Administration and Leadership: Admission FAQ

On what date will the school administrator cohort begin?

In summer 2016. 

On what date will the college administrator cohort begin?

In fall 2016. 

Do I have to take the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or the Miller’s Analogy Test (MAT) for entrance into the ALS program?

No, neither the GRE nor MAT is required for entrance into the ALS program.

Can I transfer previously completed graduate credits into the program?

No. This 60-credit, two-and-a-half-year academic package is designed to provide continuous skill development in leadership, writing, reading, and research. Faculty members who teach the required courses meet regularly to provide innovative and stimulating learning experiences.

Can I enter the ALS program at any time?

No. The program is based on a two-year recruitment cycle. The new cohort will begin in 2016. Public school administrators will begin classes during summer 2016. Higher education personnel will begin classes during fall 2016.

When do classes meet?

Classes meet five times per semester on Fridays from 12:00–6:00 p.m. and Saturdays from 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.

Most classes will meet in room 138 of Stouffer Hall.

How do I apply?

Online application materials are available from the School of Graduate Studies and Research. Finally, we will schedule an on-campus interview. 

School of Graduate Studies and Research
Stright Hall, Room 101
210 South Tenth Street
Indiana, PA 15705-1048
Phone: 724-357-2222
Fax: 724-357-4862

How much does the program cost?

Our program costs approximately $10,000 less than other 60-credit Educational Administration programs at other local universities. Here is a breakdown of the cost of 60 credits in Educational Leadership from our program and others:

  • IUP: $34,697
  • Duquesne: $62,940
  • Pitt: $50,280
  • Penn State: $47,040

What types of financial aid are available?

Graduate students may be eligible to finance their education through student loan programs, the Federal Work Study Program, state university employment, and/or graduate assistantships.

More financial information for graduate admissions.

What classes that I will be taking?

School Administrator Class Listing

College Administrator Class Listing

  • Professional Studies in Education Department
  • Davis Hall, Room 303
    570 South Eleventh Street
    Indiana, PA 15705-1080
  • Phone: 724-357-2400
  • Fax: 724-357-2961
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
  • 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.