Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

The following questions relate to admission to the Adult and Continuing Education program.

Is an entrance test or SAT scores required?

No. But you'll need to submit either your high school/GED official transcript or, if you've attended a university, your official university transcript.

Do some majors require more than a 2.0 cumulative average?


  • Education: 3.0 average, passing Praxis scores
  • Child and Family Studies: 2.3 average
  • Fine Arts: audition/portfolio
  • Foreign Language: Interview required

How do I receive transfer credit for courses I took at another college?

If the college is accredited by a regional association, credits of grade C or better for courses that are similar to those of IUP can be accepted for transfer. You will receive a list of courses accepted at IUP shortly after you begin classes.

Can I take courses online?

What is the cost of tuition and fees?

Is financial aid available to part-time students?

If you enroll for at least six credits, you may arrange for a student loan. The first step is to complete a FAFSA form. See the Financial Aid website.

As a part-time student, can I use the fitness center, computer labs, career services, swimming pool, etc.?

Yes, if you have paid the activity fee.

Are evening programs available?

The following programs may be completed entirely through a combination of evening and online study:

Where can I park my car?

After 5:00 p.m., all nonreserved parking spaces, including meters, are open, free of charge. Reserved spaces must be honored.

  • Extended Studies
  • R&P Building
    629 Fisher Avenue
    Indiana, PA 15705
  • Phone: 724-357-2292
  • Fax: 724-357-7597
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.