Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

Substance Use and Abuse

The Counseling Center provides the following services for substance use and abuse:

We provide counseling for students who are concerned about their drinking or drug use. If necessary, we provide referrals for drug and alcohol treatment centers.

We provide support, advice, and counseling for students as they maintain responsible drinking.

We help students for whom alcohol or drug use is secondary to other psychological or developmental issues cope more effectively with their symptoms or concerns.

We provide support, advice, and counseling for students who are concerned about the alcohol or drug use of others (family, friends, roommates, and so on).

If you have concerns about your drinking, or about someone else’s drinking behaviors, please call us at 724-357-2621 or e-mail

For more information on IUP’s policy regarding Drug and Alcohol Judicial Sanctions, please see the Office of Student Conduct.

  • The Counseling Center
  • Suites on Maple East, G31
    901 Maple Street
    Indiana, PA 15705
  • Phone: 724-357-2621
  • Fax: 724-357-7728
  • Client Services Summer 2015
  • Student counseling services are not provided during the summer. For assistance during business hours, contact the Center for Health and Well-Being at 724-357-1358 or visit the Center's main desk in Suites on Maple East. In case of an emergency, contact University Police at 724-357-2141 or call 911 or go to Indiana Regional Medical Center's Emergency Department.
  • For 24-hour assistance, call the local mobile crisis hotline at 1-877-333-2470.