Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

I would like to audit a course. What is the process to do this?

  • Forms are available in the department office (102 Ackerman).
  • Deadline for filing: See IUP calendar.
  • Chairperson of the department offering the course must sign.
  • Student takes form to the Scheduling Center (314 Clark Hall).

I need to repeat a course and I need a Course Repeat Form. What is the process involved to repeat a course?

  • Unless the D/F Repeat Form is properly filed, the Cumulative Grade Point Average replacement adjustment will not happen.
  • Forms are available from the department office (102 Ackerman) or the Registrar’s Office.
  • Deadline: Check IUP calendar.
  • To replace a D or F earned in an IUP course, the course must be repeated at IUP. A grade from a similar course from another institution will not replace an IUP earned grade.
  • Only six repeat-with-replacement attempts are permitted for coursework taken through a student’s first bachelor’s degree. A single course can be repeated a maximum of two times. However, courses that are included in the FDNT Academic Progression policy may only be repeated once.
  • If a course is repeated at another institution, the grade earned at IUP will not be replaced, but the credits from the other institution will be accepted to meet graduation requirements. However, if the original IUP grade was a D, only those credits will count toward the 120 required for graduation.

I’d like to apply for course substitution. What is the process for this?

  • Forms are available from the department office (102 Ackerman).
  • The form must be in the student’s file before clearance for graduation.
  • If approved, the form will be signed by the department chairperson and the director of Academic Planning and Assessment.
  • The student and advisor will receive a copy of the form.

What is the process for course withdrawal?

  • The computer registration system is used to for individual course withdrawals from an enrolled class after the deadline for drop/add has passed until the end of the first two-thirds of the academic term. See IUP calendar for deadline.
  • Students should discuss withdrawal from a course with their advisor to understand the implications on their academic planning.
  • Policies regarding course withdrawal and refunds can be found through the Office of the Bursar. As a courtesy, please notify the instructor via e-mail.

I would like to take more than 17 credits. What is the process to exceed the usual maximum academic load?

  • Permission is required if a student wishes to schedule more than 17 credits.
  • Application form is available in the associate dean’s office (222 Zink Hall).
  • Application must be reviewed and approved by the student’s advisor and the associate dean.
  • Application must be taken to the Scheduling Center prior to registration. At late registration, the form is presented to the terminal operator.

I think the grade I received in the course was inaccurate or unfair. What do I need to do in order to get a grade changed?

  • Schedule an appointment with the instructor to see if a calculation error occur.
  • If so, a change of grade form is completed by the instructor of the course for a change in grade, to add an omitted grade, or to change an incomplete grade.
  • Changes must be completed within 180 days of issuance of the original grade.
  • The student will receive a corrected grade report from the Registrar’s Office.
  • If the instructor indicates that the grade is accurate, you have the option of filing a grade appeal, following the university’s Grade Appeal Process.

I’m interested in doing an undergraduate internship for credit. How do I apply for IUP undergraduate internship approval?

  • Students may apply for an internship if they have completed 60 credits and have at least a 2.0 GPA.
  • Students should discuss this with the department internship coordinator. This position rotates; see the department secretary for the current faculty member.
  • Students may register for FDNT 493 after approved.

Where do I get a graduation application?

  • Students apply for graduation online on URSA.
  • If a student misses the deadline for applying for graduation, go to the Food and Nutrition Department office as soon as possible for an Application for Undergraduate Graduation.

  • Food and Nutrition Department
  • Ackerman Hall, Room 102
    911 South Drive
    Indiana, PA 15705
  • Phone: 724-357-4440
  • Fax: 724-357-3007
  • Semester Office Hours
  • Monday–Friday
  • 8:00 a.m.– Noon
  • 1:00–4:30 p.m.