Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

Immigration and Visa graphic

Please use the information below as a guide for immigration. See the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services or U.S. Department of State websites for official information and changes. These offices oversee all immigration updates and enforcement. We will do our best to inform enrolled IUP students of changes. We handle information only for F and J visa holders.

Suggestion: Copy all the documents in case they are lost or stolen or if you need information from them. Do not carry original documents daily unless absolutely necessary.  

How to Get a Visa
Information about paying the SEVIS fee, making and preparing for a visa appointment, visa approval and denial, and what to expect when you enter the U.S.
How to Change Visa Status
There are many different situations and rules that apply to changing your visa status.
IUP Policies
IUP policies affect your immigration status.
Lost Documents
What to do when you lose documents such as a passport, I-94, I-20, or DS-2019
Maintaining Your F-1 Status
Tips to help students with F-1 visas avoid immigration problems
Maintaining Your J-1 Status
If your DS-2019 was issued by IUP, this information applies to you.
Related Sites
Other resources about U.S. immigration.
Transfer to Another University
Process, checklist for international students to transfer to another university
Withdrawal, Suspension, or Absence from IUP
IUP policies about academics will affect immigration.
  • Office of International Education
  • Delaney Hall, Suite B25
    920 Grant Street
    Indiana, PA 15705
  • Phone: 724-357-2295
  • Fax: 724-357-2514
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.
  • 1:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.