Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

Academic Minors and Undergraduate Credit Certificates

Pursuing an academic minor (undergraduate credit) and/or a credit bearing certificate . . .

. . . can be an interesting and valuable enhancement to a student’s educational and life journey.

For a student to be in the Registrar’s Office record system for an academic minor, these steps must be processed:

  1. The student must fill out an academic minor application (typically available from the academic department that houses the minor).
  2. The application will be reviewed by the academic minor department or as otherwise determined by the department.
  3. Once the application is approved, the student’s academic minor application will be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office for transcript record notation.

The academic minors are listed by IUP college. You can review the requirements for a minor in the online Undergraduate Catalog. Use the index to locate your information source.

The department that houses the minor is listed to the right of the name of the academic minor.

Academic minors in the Eberly College of Business and Information Technology

Academic minors in the College of Education and Educational Technology

Academic minors in the College of Fine Arts

Academic minors in the College of Health and Human Services

Academic minors in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences

Academic minors in the College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics

Certificates for Undergraduate Credit

  • Driver Education
    • Candidates for the driver education certification must possess or be a candidate for a valid Pennsylvania certificate in any area of certification. A student must currently complete the following four courses: HPED 251, 252, 353, and 354. Students must request the certificate in driver education when they apply for graduation.
    • For students who have already graduated, contact the Office of the Dean, College of Education and Educational Technology, for correct procedures.
  • Gerontology Certificate Program
    • The Gerontology Certificate program provides an interdisciplinary approach to the systematic study of the aging and is designed to be combined with any undergraduate major at IUP. The 21-credit program entails three core courses, three elective courses, and an internship that will provide experiential learning in an agency or program serving older adults. Many courses fulfill the requirements for the Liberal Studies program. Applications are available at 244 Johnson Hall. For information, call 724-357-7647.
  • Center for Career and Technical Personnel Preparation Please contact the office at 724-357-4434.
  • Advising and Testing Center
  • Pratt Hall, Room 216
    201 Pratt Drive
    Indiana, PA 15705
  • Phone: 724-357-4067
  • Fax: 724-357-2889
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m.–Noon
  • 1:00 p.m.–4:30 p.m.