Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

How to Sign Up for Summer Housing and Dining

Summer Forms

All forms must be submitted online or returned to the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining.

Summer Housing Information

Students will be housed in Wallwork Hall.

Times for Summer 2015 Housing Check-in
Session Date Time
Early Summer Sunday, May 10 4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Summer 1 Sunday, May 31
4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
Summer 2 Sunday, July 5 4:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.


The Wallwork Hall North office will serve as the check-in point.


Cable television and Internet access will be available at no additional cost to summer residents. Find more information about Internet access on the RESNET website. Find information on what to bring in our frequently asked questions.


Eligibility for housing and dining services is limited to students registered for coursework and to IUP employees.


The university reserves the right to adjust the housing and/or meal fee before or during the agreement period by action of the Council of Trustees. Fees indicated are estimates. Actual costs will be available in May. Payment of meal fees should be made according to university billing due dates or in full if the agreement is signed after the payment deadline.

Students not charged for a meal plan on the University Billing Statement must do one of the following:

Student Dining Service Policy for Summer

Summer Dining Hours (All Times Are Tentative)
Meal Monday–Friday Saturday and Sunday
Breakfast 7:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m. 9:30 a.m.–2:00 p.m. (brunch)
Lunch 11:00 a.m.–1:30 p.m. 10:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m. (brunch)
Dinner 4:30 p.m.–6:30 p.m. 4:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m.

The Dining Service Agreement is a binding legal agreement between the university and the individual student. Meals provided under this contract are for the contract holder only.

Location of Meal Service

The first week of early session meals (May 10-19) will be served at the Crimson Cafe because of a steam outage. Beginning May 20 Foster Dining Hall will open for the remainder of summer sessions.

Cancellation or Change in Summer Meal Plans

To obtain release from the summer dining service agreement after signing or to change meal plans, the student must submit a written request to the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining no later than 4:00 p.m. on the first day of registered coursework. This request may be sent by e-mail to Requests sent to any other office will not be accepted.

Service Restrictions

Meal hours and dining service locations may be adjusted by the university upon notification or in cases of emergency. Dishes, silverware, and food may not be removed from the dining facilities; diners must return their dishes, and utensils to the designated collection area in the dining facility. Only I-Cards valid for meal service may be used for entrance to the dining halls; they may not be altered or used by another student. As stated in The Source student handbook, alteration or misuse of the I-Card is subject to fines of up to $25 and other disciplinary action. I-Card problems related to dining service should be reported to the Meal Card office in Foster Dining Hall at 724-357-2347 or the housing office. Lost or damaged I-Cards can be replaced at the HUB.


Students withdrawing from the university during Summer Sessions will forfeit a portion of the dining service charges in accordance with the IUP Refund Policy. No refunds will be granted unless formal withdrawal from IUP has been initiated. Students who are suspended from classes, residence halls, and/or dining halls will receive a reduction of fees in accordance with the above schedule. Refunds will not be made for meals missed during the agreement period.

Dining Collection

Dining Links

Dining Costs Fall and Spring
Dining costs at IUP (per person per semester)
Housing and Dining Costs
Links to Housing and Dining costs for Fall, Spring, and Summer
Dining Service Policy
Policies relating to on campus dining, including mealplans, payment, flex dollars, and cancellation.

Dining Costs

Dining costs for Fall/Spring semester as well as summer

Dining Costs Fall and Spring
Dining costs at IUP (per person per semester)
Summer Housing and Dining Rates
List of Summer housing and dining rates.

Dining Forms

Collection of Dining Forms (some forms are from accounts payable)

Procedures for Obtaining Catering Services or Meal Tickets with University Funds
Form and procedure for obtaining Catering Services and Meal tickets with University Funds
Procedures for Obtaining Catering Services or Meal Tickets funded with Non-University Funds
Form and procedure for obtaining catering and meal tickets with non-university funds
Food Refreshment Request for IUP Funded EventsDocument icon
Form used to obain catering services and meal tickets for IUP funded events
Food Refreshment Request for Non-IUP Funded EventsDocument icon
Food/Refreshment Request for non-IUP funded events • Submit completed request at least two weeks in advance of the event to, fax 724-357-5762, or Office of Housing and Residence Life, Ruddock Hall, Suite G-37. Date: _______ Requestor Name: _ Address: _______________________________________
Procedure for Obtaining Catering Services at the Kovalchick Athletic and Convention Center with University Funds
 Procedures for obtaining Catering Services at the Kovalchick Athletic and Convention Center with IUP Funds 1. Department makes arrangements with Global. 2. Department obtains Food Refreshment Request form from Global. 3. Department returns completed Food Refreshment Request form to Global.
Written Reimbursement Request Form for Food Service Reimbursement or ContractDocument icon
Form used when requesting reimbursement for food service
  • Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining
  • Ruddock Hall, Suite G-37
    1099 Maple Street
    Indiana, PA 15705-1075
  • Phone: 724-357-2696
  • Fax: 724-357-5762
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
  • Summer: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.