Information Technology Support Specialist
Job Posting Date
Commensurate with education & experience
- Performs network administration including but not limited to: managing servers, routers, firewalls, and filtering devices; managing active directory and group policies; maintaining connectivity; and ensuring security and disaster recovery.
- Performs technology troubleshooting; responds to trouble tickets and support requests in a timely manner.
- Performs maintenance and repair of computers, copiers, fax machines, printers, phones, and other technology resources.
- Maintains software licensing compliance.
- Maintains inventory of technology resources; assists with the tracking, utilization and/or disposal of displaced and surplus equipment.
- Provides instruction on the use of computers, copiers, fax machines, printers, phones, software, network access, Internet, portal, and other technology resources; technology trainer.
- Recommends technology requirements and specifications; assists with technology procurements; completes purchase documents.
- Completes registration and renewal of subscription-based services.
- Assists with the creation, maintenance and standardization of documents and forms; performs desktop publishing tasks; assists with presentations.
- Posts content to portal and websites.
- Recommends technology policies, plans, and procedures.
- Conducts technology vulnerability assessments; identifies and reports risks to supervisor; assists with risk mitigation.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies by reading periodicals, evaluating new technology, and attending trade-shows, technical seminars and user group meetings; assists with planning and organizing meetings.
- Maintains detailed technology documentation, including a daily log of work performed; prepares time and budget estimates, invoices, and reports.
Special Licenses, Traits, Skills and/or Certifications
Enthusiastic, self-starter, quick learner; logical thinker and problem solver; researcher; resourceful and innovative; detail oriented, organized; capable of independent work and multitasking; excellent analytical, listening, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in a technology related discipline; or an Associate’s degree in a technology related discipline and related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully the following computer skills and knowledge are required: WAN/LAN/WLAN/VPN network topologies; physical and virtual server solutions; workstations and peripherals devices; backup, firewall, filtering, spam and antivirus solutions; image editing and forms software; web browsers; Microsoft Office Products including: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Publisher; and Visio; Microsoft Networking Technologies including: Windows Server; Active Directory; Hyper-V Manager; SharePoint; Exchange; and Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems.
The physical demands described are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee is regularly required to walk. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 lbs and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, occasionally exposed to extreme heat (non-weather), and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work conditions for this job description are:
- Access to reliable transportation and travel are required to perform essential duties. Obtains and maintains the required motor vehicle liability insurance requirements. Maintains an acceptable motor vehicle record, acceptable Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance, and acceptable criminal record report.
Community Action, Inc. maintains an at-will policy of employment that means employment and compensation may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either Community Action, Inc. or the employee.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.