Job Posting Date
Commensurate with education & experience
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of the Community Organization Planning & Outcome System (COPOS) and the underlying system purposes, reporting principles, and system/user requirements.
- Ensures COPOS meets or exceeds standards and specifications approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED).
- Analyzes COPOS; researches and recommends improvements; implements approved system changes in accordance with DCED established timelines.
- Responds to DCED’s requests for COPOS data or information; modifies COPOS access and data as directed by DCED.
- Create, refines, validates, and posts COPOS administrator and user manuals, printable forms, and detailed technical system documentation, including programming logic and flow charts.
- Participates in COPOS-related workgroups, conference calls, meetings, etc.
- Responds to COPOS questions and technical assistance requests; maintains COPOS FAQs.
- Confers with COPOS users to gain an understanding of their perspectives and desired system modifications; analyzes user’s feedback and recommends changes, including cost and timeline.
- Develops and provides COPOS training.
- Creates, maintains, and improves dynamic, web-based applications which interface with relational databases and validates incoming information; conducts user training.
- Ensures reliable system access, security, and the capability to recover from system and data disasters; ensures the integrity, continuity, and protection of source code and data; liaison with web hosting companies.
- Conducts technology vulnerability assessments; identifies and reports risks to supervisor; assists with risk mitigation.
- Creates and maintains electronic documents; assists with presentations.
- Recommends technology policies, plans and procedures.
- Performs technology troubleshooting.
- Maintains knowledge of current technologies by reading technology periodicals, evaluating new technology, and attending trade-shows, technical seminars and user group meetings; assists with planning and organizing meetings.
- Maintains detailed technology documentation, including a daily log of work performed; prepares time and budget estimates, invoices, and reports.
Special Licenses, Traits, Skills and/or Certifications
Enthusiastic, self-starter, quick learner; logical thinker and problem solver; researcher; resourceful and innovative; detail oriented; organized; capable of independent work and multitasking; excellent analytical, listening, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described are required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision; distance vision; color vision; depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts, occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, and occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The work conditions for this job description are:
- Access to reliable transportation and travel are required to perform essential duties. Obtains and maintains the required motor vehicle liability insurance requirements. Maintains an acceptable motor vehicle record, acceptable Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance, and acceptable criminal record report.
- Community Action, Inc. maintains an at-will policy of employment that means employment and compensation may be terminated with or without cause and with or without notice at any time at the option of either Community Action, Inc. or the employee.
Download Original Job Posting