Skip to Content - Skip to Navigation

Folger Dining HallIf your question is not answered here, please e-mail us at For more information—including details of meal plan options, menus, and nutritional information—visit Campus Dish.

Where and when can I eat on campus?

Select the location to get details and times.

IUP’s main campus has

Other locations:

What about Punxsutawney and Northpointe campuses?

How can I find out what food is being served in the dining facilities?

See the daily menus for Foster Dining Hall online at Campus Dish. The IUP Dining Facebook page also posts menus.

What is an All Flex plan?

Flex Dollars is a declining balance meal option initiated by either your deposit of funds through the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining or by purchase of a meal plan that includes Flex Dollars. Your Flex account is accessed by using your IUP I-Card in any of our university dining facilities.

All Flex is not a meal plan, and is only available to off-campus students.

For details of the Flex Plan and Meal Cash Credit, visit Campus Dish.

Note that Dining Flex is not the same as the Crimson Cash account, which is used for vending, laundry, and printing.

What options are there for vegetarians?

All dining locations provide vegetarian entrees at every meal, from vegetarian hoagies or pizza to vegetarian casseroles or burgers. Foster offers vegan/vegetarian food at a wok station and an all-you-can-eat salad bar with an extensive variety of vegetables and dressings, including “lite” dressings and vegetarian pasta sauces. Check the Foster daily menus for additional choices!

How do I sign up for Dining? What plans are available and what do they cost?

How do I sign up for a summer meal plan? What plans are available for summer and what do they cost?

What are the terms of the Meal Plan Agreement?

What should I do if I lose my I-Card?

If a student cannot get to the I-Card office immediately, they should e-mail or report the lost I-Card to the meal card office located in the Foster Hall lobby, phone number 724-357-2347.

When an I-Card is lost, the student should immediately obtain a new card from the I-Card office located in the HUB (when a student gets a new I-Card, the lost one is rendered unusable).

How do I have an on-campus event catered?

Can I have alcohol served at a catered event?

To have alcohol at a catered event, you must submit the Alcohol Approval Form to your department vice president or the president for approval two weeks before your event.

Do meal plans or Flex money roll over from one semester to the next?

Flex money rolls over from the Fall to Spring semester, but not over Summer. Flex dollars not used by the end of final exams in May are forfeit.

Leftover meals from weekly meal plans do not carry over week to week or into the next semester. Likewise, block plan meals do not carry over into the next semester.

Note that Dining Flex is not the same as the Crimson Cash account, which is used for vending, laundry, and printing.

When do meals reset?

Weekly meal plans run from brunch on Sunday through dinner on Saturday. Semester block plans (165F) are based on meals per semester. In effect, the balance carries over from week to week. However, weekly plans specify the number of meals available to the student each week. The student decides how many of these meals she or he eats. Meals not eaten do not carry over from week to week.

How can I advertise on the tables in the dining halls?

How does the meal cash credit and meal exchange work?

You may use meals at retail by turning a meal swipe into cash (see Housing and Dining Prices). You may use two meals per transaction, up to eight each day. The meal may be used as an even swipe on select items or towards the purchase of other food items. National brands are excluded from meal cash credit.

Can I use Crimson Cash in the dining halls?

Starting in fall 2014, you will be able to use your Crimson Cash at IUP’s dining facilities.

Can anyone else use my meal plan?

Meal plans may only be used by the named meal plan holder (except for guest passes). Meal plans may not be shared or borrowed. Misuse is subject to fines and disciplinary action.

How do I change my meal plan?

You are able to change your meal plan during the first week of classes each semester. Changes must be made in writing to the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining in the Suites on Maple West or by e-mailing Requests sent to any other offices will not be accepted.

Does my meal plan include guest passes?

Each of our meal plans include five free guest passes to be used at Foster Residential Dining Hall. As always, you may also use your Flex to treat a family member or friend at any time.

  • Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining
  • Ruddock Hall, Suite G-37
    1099 Maple Street
    Indiana, PA 15705-1075
  • Phone: 724-357-2696
  • Fax: 724-357-5762
  • Office Hours
  • Monday through Friday
  • 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
  • Summer: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.