On Monday, November 9, 2009, the Student Alumni Association, also known as the IUP Ambassadors, in cooperation with the IUP Alumni Association, will host the second annual Young Alumni Day on campus.
As part of the day’s festivities, the IUP Ambassadors are honoring six notable young alumni with the Young Alumni Achievement Award.
This year’s recipients are as follows:
- Maureen K. O'Connor, D’02 (Psy.D.), College of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
- Kenneth Collins ’97, College of Fine Arts
- Amanda Gordon ’03, Eberly College of Business and Information Technology
- Michael Brock Herr, CA’97, ’02, College of Health and Human Services
- Kevin Lyons ’02, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Lance Neeper ’01, M’07, College of Education and Educational Technology
The recipients are asked to speak to classes within their respective colleges on Monday morning, which will be followed by an awards luncheon in the Blue Room. After lunch, the Meet the Young Alumni Achievers’ Reception is open to all members of the university community who are interested in meeting this year’s accomplished class.
Please join the IUP Ambassadors in honoring the Young Alumni Achievers from 2:00–3:30 p.m. at the Crimson Event Center. Complimentary light refreshments will be available.