The Department of Nursing and Allied Health Professions was strongly represented at the National League for Nursing annual summit held in Philadelphia, Pa., in September 2009.
Dr. Susan Poorman conducted a workshop entitled "Narrative Pedagogy: Application in Classroom and Clinical Settings.”
The following posters were also presented during the summit.
- "Successful Implementation of Standardized Testing" by Dr. Amy Labant
- "Helping the Practical Nurse Achieve Academic and NCLEX® Success" by Melissa Mastorovich, M.S.N., R.N., B.C., and Dr. Susan Poorman
- "Promoting Safe Clinical Placement: Lessons Learned from FBI Background Checks and Clinical Requirements" by Dr. Elizabeth Palmer
- "Taking Charge: Fostering Supervisory and Delegation Roles for Senior Nursing Students" by Dr. Elizabeth Palmer and Dr. Kristy Chunta
- "Analysis of Nursing Education Research Using Doctoral Dissertations" by Dr. Teresa Shellenbarger and doctoral candidate Colleen Sunday
Others in attendance were Dr. Julia Greenawalt and doctoral candidate Shelly Moore.