POSITION TITLE: Chemist I
LOCATION: Petrolia Plant (Petrolia, Pa., in northern Bulter Co.)
POSITION REPORTS TO: Technical Director – Laboratory or Laboratory Supervisor
Under immediate supervision, performs all types of analyses and tests in connection with raw material evaluation, quality control, process control, and process improvement in the white oil, Sulfonate, petrolatum, wax hydrogenation, and environmental areas of the plant.
- Performs routine chemical analyses, tests, and determinations involving the application of established laboratory methods and techniques.
- Assists higher level chemists by performing assigned phases of work where little evaluation, originality, or ingenuity is required.
- Records results of tests and assignments and reports results to senior professional or group leader.
- Learns and develops to become able to interpret test results and determine their technical significance.
- Determine, verify, implement the appropriate analysis method and technique.
- Identify method and procedures for investigation of analytical discrepancies.
- Support quality programs and procedures.
Travel Time: N/A
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform essential knowledge and skills.
- Solid foundation and &understanding in Analytical Chemistry.
- Knowledge of appropriate method development/validation practices for the CPI.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills required.
- Working knowledge in statistics.
- Ability to work and communicate with a broad range of technical and nontechnical personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Education: B.S./B.A. in Chemistry or equivalent
- Supervision: No regular supervisory responsibilities
- Experience: Entry-level position
- Communication Skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills and presentation skills required. Ability to communicate and work with a broad range of technical and nontechnical personnel.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Experience and working knowledge with the following analytical instrumentation/methods: Wet chemistry analysis, automatic titrator, HPLC, NMR, FTIR, AA, GC, GC/MS, UV-vis
- This position requires communication with all levels of associates and customers, handling discrepancy issues quickly and professionally while adhering to established quality procedures and practices. This position will require multitasking, making decisions/performing multiple functions under tight deadlines, prioritizing projects, meeting deadlines frequently set by another department or customer, assuring proper documentation is completed and maintained, following up with sample analysis, and project progress details.
Anita Orozco, SPHR
Director, Human Resources
100 Sonneborn Lane
Petrolia, PA 16050