In action taken on Wednesday, June 12, 2013, the PASSHE Council of Presidents voted to implement changes to the system-wide 2013–2014 Common Academic Calendar.
Revised 2013–2014 Common Academic Calendar:
- Winter Break between the Fall 2013 and Spring 2014 semester will be five weeks
- Classes begin for the Spring 2014 semester on Tuesday, January 21, 2014
- The last day of classes for the Spring 2014 semester will be Monday, May 5, 2014
- Final exams will take place May 6–9, 2014. This is one week earlier than previously scheduled.
- Spring Break remains as previously approved for March 17–22, 2014
These changes automatically apply to the IUP Academic Calendar. Please note the revised dates and incorporate them into your plans for the coming academic year.
In addition, for your planning purposes, please note that Spring Commencement will be held May 10, 2014.
Information about changes to drop/add deadlines, Winter Sessions scheduling, Commencement, and other affected elements of the previously published calendar will be made available as soon as possible.