Tryouts will start at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, April 13, 2013. First cut will be made around 12:00 or 12:30 p.m. Second round will start 30 minutes later, and last cut will be made by 2:00 p.m.
Zink Hall, Gym B
If you have any questions, please e-mail Coach Jen at email@example.com.
Before coming to tryouts, please add the group “IUP Cheerleading” on Facebook for videos of one dance and one chant that you must perform at tryouts. Support your school or all-star team. T-shirt or tank, cheer shorts and cheer shoes, with your hair done “competition style” with a bow. Make yourself stand out. Before stunting begins, you must state if you are trying out as a flyer, back, or base. There will be no switching during tryouts. You must pick one.
- You must throw a solid running tuck, with no spot, and standing tuck, but may have a small one-handed spot.
- Tumbling is on a dead cheer floor, but you will get more points if thrown on the gym floor. There are no mats at football and basketball games.
- Must show all body positions. Looking for strong bows and scorpions.
- Must show 360/full ups, express ups/tick tocks, and single/double downs from one-legged stunts.
- Looking for strong backs and bases who can stunt with all sized flyers.
- Must be able to base or back 360/full ups, express ups/tick tocks, and single/double downs from one-legged stunts.