The IUP Alcohol, Tobacco, And Other Drugs program is offering two Red Watch Band Program workshops in April 2013.
The Red Watch Band mission is to provide students with the knowledge, awareness, and skills to prevent toxic drinking deaths and to promote a student culture of kindness, responsibility, compassion, and respect.
If you or your friends can relate to the following statistics, join us!
- 1,825 die from alcohol-related unintentional injuries.
- 599,000 are unintentionally injured under the influence of alcohol.
- 97,000 are victims of alcohol-related sexual assault or date rape.
- 400,000 have unprotected sex.
- 100,000 too intoxicated to know if they consented to having sex
Statistics based on NIAAA survey of students between ages 18-24
- Part 1: Choose Wednesday, April 10 (6:00–9:00 p.m.) or Tuesday, April 23 (6:00–9:00 p.m.)
- Part 2: Friday, May 3 6:00 p.m. (CPR training)
Participants will learn how to protect themselves and their friends by attending our two-part training workshop, and obtain free CPR training and free bystander intervention training.
Funded by: Pennsylvania Liquor Control Board
Register now by e-mailing email@example.com.