Need a job on campus? Think about becoming an Academic Success Mentor in the Office of Housing, Residential Living, and Dining for the Fall 2013–Spring 2014 school year!
Academic Success Mentors (ASM) focus on aiding new residential university students with successful adaptation to the university community and succeeding in their pursuit of educational goals. They also help to facilitate personal/academic growth and development of residential students.
The successful candidates must have:
- 2.75 GPA minimum (3.0 GPA or higher is preferred)
- Not currently be on judicial sanction
- Be able to attend the group interview process on Friday, April 5, beginning at 3:00 p.m. in G98 Wallwork
You will have the opportunity to:
- work in the residence halls assisting and mentoring new freshmen and other students who may need extra assistance
- collaborate with CAs to help build community in the halls
- participate in community service initiatives
- maintain another on-campus job for 15 hours a week
There will be three interest sessions available to talk more about the position and be able to hear current experiences from current ASMs:
- March 6 at 9:00 p.m. - G41 Stephenson
- March 12 at 9:00 p.m. - G5 Delaney
- March 26 at 9:00 p.m. - 116 Northern
You can also find out more information by going to the Housing Undergraduate Employment Page and looking at the ASM section.
Please note: You can live on or off campus for this position!