Applications are now being accepted for appointment as the next student member of the IUP Council of Trustees. The appointment will begin on June 2013.
Application/nomination forms are available in the Office of the President, 201 Sutton Hall, and on the president’s website.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Office of the President by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 13, 2012.
To be eligible, a candidate must be at least a first-semester sophomore with an expected graduation date not earlier than May 2015 and in good academic and judicial standing.
The successful candidate will:
- Be appointed yearly by the chair of the Council of Trustees to serve on trustee committees and other committees as appropriate
- Serve on the Student Congress Executive Board as ex-officio
- Attend quarterly meetings of the Council of Trustees
- Participate in Commencement ceremonies and other official functions of the university
- Chair the next search committee for the student trustee position
Andrew Longacre, our current student trustee and chair of the search committee, suggests that interested students be familiar with the Powers and Duties of Councils of Trustees, Act 188, Section 20-2009-A.
Your thoughtful consideration of the student trustee position is appreciated.
Michael A. Driscoll